**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

whispers to Durr - I happen to have SCG's address... Just sayin'...
lau.gif

And I shall eat 2 black bean burgers prior to getting on the plane for SLC... I'll be ripe just about the time you pick me up.

So my best hope is for one or two naked necks!!! MAY 6th. In the evening.

I hope so, too. All my girls are bowtied so there's a chance of having non-NN babies. But I know you were sad you lost the other NN so I gave you my best shot at a replacement. My beta roo is a completely naked neck, so hopefully he's sneaking around behind alpha's back.

I've been egg bombed twice... once for this hatch a long.

The other time is was a really, really nice gift by The Sheriff! She is an angel and her husband is one lucky / blessed man!

= SCG
gig.gif

whats egg bombed? I seen you guys all mention it, when you ordered too many eggs? I thought that was called addiction? and someone pat me on the back, I unsubscribed from the swaps and auction threads!

Welllll....it's when you get eggs you weren't really expecting.....
hide.gif

Quote:
I can always count on you to be on top of things, Heather!! I have been watching these carefully, and even with an elevated humidity (and you know I don't do humidity!!) I have had the evaporation go far to quickly on these. It was a very long heat spike, and I suspect the porosity of the shell changed during those many hours at that temperature. I couldn't keep them from diminishing beyond even what one would expect in a really dry hatch, so most of these eggs are nearly at the half-way mark. They are also a day late, and I could see beak shadows, so I felt like it was time to intervene. The beaks are central in the void, not near the shell, so I doubt they'd ever have made it over to pip. One didn't make it and was already gone.

It's an anomaly I'm not sure how to handle so I'm taking it one step at a time...I just hope I don't end up with a clutch of special chicks. I really can't give them extra help beyond the hatch. If they've been cooked mentally I'll be forced to cull.

Quote:
I missed a couple days due to treating my sick kitty & did not read all the posts to catch up, so forgive me if this has been asked (and answered) before, but why are only 2 home if you caught the 3rd? Did I miss something?
My head has been spinning from lack of sleep.
th.gif

I had thought about explaining that, but didn't think anyone would read it that close! I took the pair she brought specifically for me but the spare male was one she was showing and we left before the show was over. She dropped the young cockeral off to me on her way home from the show. He is now safe in his own bachelor pad, although I am thinking of putting him in with the hen this fall. What I really need is some Silver Campine hatching eggs............. anyone know where I might get some? Deb?

I've been wondering but hadn't asked yet!!

Quote:
I missed a couple days due to treating my sick kitty & did not read all the posts to catch up, so forgive me if this has been asked (and answered) before, but why are only 2 home if you caught the 3rd? Did I miss something?
My head has been spinning from lack of sleep.
th.gif

I had thought about explaining that, but didn't think anyone would read it that close! I took the pair she brought specifically for me but the spare male was one she was showing and we left before the show was over. She dropped the young cockeral off to me on her way home from the show. He is now safe in his own bachelor pad, although I am thinking of putting him in with the hen this fall. What I really need is some Silver Campine hatching eggs............. anyone know where I might get some? Deb?

I've got a few more going into lockdown tomorrow and I just set about 12 more last night. I'm making sure on my fertility, although so far I'm 2 for 2. You are first in line! In a week or so? I'm getting about 4 eggs per day from that pen and they got BIG amazingly quickly.

And I just had people here buying chicks (actually yesterday, they contacted me and said they wanted to come back today for more). First thing they see in the brooder....................."Ohhh, I want THAT one!".........................silver campine of course.

whats egg bombed? I seen you guys all mention it, when you ordered too many eggs? I thought that was called addiction? and someone pat me on the back, I unsubscribed from the swaps and auction threads!

@ everyone : wish I could egg-bomb someone but no extra money. Looks like I may have to toss 32+ todays eggs out.
sad.png
the hubby has been outta work since Jan 13th of this year. Which is causing a lot of problems. And our only extra money is coming from whatever we can sell and the occasional WC check he gets which we are having to fight for.
hmm.png
its like when I have an abundance everyone isn't interested and when I have very few people want a lot! Lol!!

fl.gif
Really hoping things get better for your family. I think we've all been there & thank goodness the day always comes that things are so much better, you've all but forgotten the hardtimes. I pray your day comes soon!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Ah.. well.. in that case I have semi- egg-bombed a few people (MelissaRose was one).. but they had a heads up I was sending free turkey eggs their way!
so I was egg bombed by HappyChooks, she sent me some turkey and some cochin mysteries that all came as a mystery, aka HENN Nabbed!

@ everyone : wish I could egg-bomb someone but no extra money. Looks like I may have to toss 32+ todays eggs out.
sad.png
the hubby has been outta work since Jan 13th of this year. Which is causing a lot of problems. And our only extra money is coming from whatever we can sell and the occasional WC check he gets which we are having to fight for.
hmm.png
its like when I have an abundance everyone isn't interested and when I have very few people want a lot! Lol!!
I am so sorry my friend : ( It has been a tough winter for so many! but cant you hatch the eggs if you cant get them out? and sell or at least take them to auction? a buck a bird is a buck in the pocket!

Back
Top Bottom