**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Hello, Peeps! I am swamped at work so might not be able to get the poetry voting thread up as planned, but will as soon as I can. I stopped by TSC at lunchtime and picked up a magazine to read. It has a wonderful article on coop cleaning and a couple of other articles on grit in the diet and such. I hear the article on coop cleaning is by an up and coming freelance writer that some of you may know.........
I just had to run right over and read the byline. Hmmmm. Picked up the magazine the other day at TSC. Excellent article and tips! Very cool!

You know, lately it sure feels like it. To add insult to the crazy snowfall we will be in the 50s with rain by Saturday! The weather is wild here sometimes. (ND).

Last year was our crazy year for weather. Snowing in October and 80s in February.

This year was much more normal. We're just starting to see daffodils and lilies come up. My goats mowed the lilies down for me, though. That was very kind of them.

For blowing out eggs, check out the thread Easter/Christmas eggs/Crafts (Can't remember the exact name).

In a nutshell, I make a tiny (1 tack point) hole in the narrow end of the egg, and a larger (about 4 tack point) hole in the top blunt end of the egg. Using a 3 ml syringe filled with air, I put my needle into the small hole, put the egg over a bowl and SLOWLY push the air from the needle into the egg. The pressure pushes the yolk and white out of the egg. I don't scramble it first. If you go too fast you'll pop the egg. After getting all the yolk and white out, rinse with water from syringe, then microwave. I can't remember how many seconds it is, but maybe 10? Until it stops whistling. Don't do more than a few seconds at a time, that can also pop your egg. It'll be crazy hot when you take it out, so let it sit for a bit before picking it up.

People make all kinds of crafts out of them (not all my photos/crafts). Cook the eggs and feed them back to your flock, depending on what you wormed with and if you have to repeat the worming.

I thought it was pretty funny too...but hey, I have 4 kids 6 and under so it's not that far fetched! lol!

And where will this roadside stand happen to be???? (Just out of sheer curiousity of course and not because I love banty cochins or anything.) lol

Sooooo...sad face! My temp spiked to 106 today. :( I'm hoping for the best...is there any chance they might survive?

If it wasn't for very long they should be okay.

Good morning everyone!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom