**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Just cleared out the duds. Started with 48 chicken eggs. Lav Am/ Lav Am Splits (suspiciously green/olive, but beautiful so who cares.) , BBS Orps, and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ams set on the 10th. Blue Ams, Blue Copper or BC Marans, and Blue Bantam Langshans (Thank You Wolftracks!) set on the 14th. I have tossed 17 eggs, 16 of which were completely scrambled by the p.o.( I eggtopsied) and one with a blood ring.
sad.png
Heaviest losses in the Wheaten Ams and the Blue Langshans. Found my missing Wheaten (was masquerading as a Lav Am, sneaky.) I will be sorting in a couple more days as many of the ones set on the 10th are reaching optimal egg weight, and I will be putting them in another incubator with increased humidity. Now I have conspicuously empty spaces in the bators......Good thing I have Chocolate Orps and Welsummer eggs coming this week! Oh yeah!
clap.gif
I am done after this. I am done after this. I am done.........except maybe if I can score some Midget White Turkey eggs or something Awesome like that! Or those other ones that are kinda like 'em. B---something? Dunno want 'em!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Just cleared out the duds. Started with 48 chicken eggs. Lav Am/ Lav Am Splits (suspiciously green/olive, but beautiful so who cares.) , BBS Orps, and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ams set on the 10th. Lav Ams, Blue Copper or BC Marans, and Blue Bantam Langshans (Thank You Wolftracks!) set on the 14th. I have tossed 17 eggs, 16 of which were completely scrambled by the p.o.( I eggtopsied) and one with a blood ring.
sad.png
Heaviest losses in the Wheaten Ams and the Blue Langshans. Found my missing Wheaten (was masquerading as a Lav Am, sneaky.) I will be sorting in a couple more days as many of the ones set on the 10th are reaching optimal egg weight, and I will be putting them in another incubator with increased humidity. Now I have conspicuously empty spaces in the bators......Good thing I have Chocolate Orps and Welsummer eggs coming this week! Oh yeah!
clap.gif
I am done after this. I am done after this. I am done.........except maybe if I can score some Midget White Turkey eggs or something Awesome like that! Or those other ones that are kinda like 'em. B---something? Dunno want 'em!
droolin.gif
Oh no! I'm so sorry about the eggs.

Oh no! I'm so sorry about the eggs.
No worries. I still have 4 Langshans going!!! I can see them dancing a jig. 5/7 Blue Ams are doing great! I see veins in one Maran, the others are too dark, but I bet they are fine! I think the Langshans got it worst 'cause they're so little. That is pretty darn good considering how roughly they were handled! The Wheatens I got from the lady in Texas were the worst though. I think they were kicked all the way here!

No worries. I still have 4 Langshans going!!! I can see them dancing a jig. 5/7 Blue Ams are doing great! I see veins in one Maran, the others are too dark, but I bet they are fine! I think the Langshans got it worst 'cause they're so little. That is pretty darn good considering how roughly they were handled! The Wheatens I got from the lady in Texas were the worst though. I think they were kicked all the way here!
It's good that you still have so many babies growing! Isn't it crazy how the post office handles egg packages? We got some and the eggs were cracked on the TOP of the box...and judging by how many grew, they were the lucky ones...Much luck to you on this hatch!

Kills me what they do to those packages. I was hoping though with extra Langshuns, you'd at least get the 8 I donated. If I don't screw up my next hatch I have several in there along with lots from my other birds. I'm having a heck of a time here where usually my shipped eggs have been doing great. Better hatchers I guess. Get really frustrating that I go through good and then really bad times. I did toss some quiters and blood rings today, but there's 61 eggs in there I need to hatch. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by even saying anything.

It's good that you still have so many babies growing! Isn't it crazy how the post office handles egg packages? We got some and the eggs were cracked on the TOP of the box...and judging by how many grew, they were the lucky ones...Much luck to you on this hatch!
Thanks, you too!
fl.gif
I think a lot of it's the stupid conveyor belts at the hubs. It's a lot like luggage at the airport. They packages all just get smacked into each other.

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-20-2013

Wolftracks sent an egg shipment that went up and down California for a week and the recipient was only three hours away…
he.gif

Yinepu explained why some have so many bators—It’s like the way they sell hot dogs and buns…
lau.gif

Razadia can’t catch up! Broody hatched 5 fluffy yellow chicks…
love.gif

SCG Rumors again….Not Pregnant! Mstrice and Razadia are…
whistle.gif

Silkie Sensation cannot find fertile eggs….
83001mt0.gif

Chickenpooplady is here to learn but not hatch! Get some eggs in that bator I Say!
clap.gif

Hurley shared some pictures of her Aussie pup.
love.gif

Gryeyes shared that Turkey Poults say Whut. Do not call them little hooters however…
gig.gif

Mahonri wants to candle! He has had good and bad luck with broodies….
thumbsup.gif

Gardengirl73 shared a great poem with us! X2 for white vinegar as a cleaner…
grinning-smiley-003.gif

QuirkySue has an Aussie too!
love.gif

Ronott1 posted pictures of a Duckling, Blue Egg Layer and a Bantam just hatched little guys.
love.gif

Pkillian wants to know how to use a Leahy 416 Incubator.
hu.gif
I wish I knew.

Chicken pickin missed out on the TSC chick days end of event sale but is happy to have Turkey and Marans eggs ready to hatch!
rant.gif

Durr had a CDM baby hatch!
love.gif

Razadia wanted a hatching calendar. A chart and a calendar were posted!
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dsqard shared an hardboiled egg technique!
thumbsup.gif

Novanod1966 hatched out two poults and has them with Tutors!
jumpy.gif

HEChicken found a rotten duck egg and detonated it in a grocery bag. It smelled as bad as others have said they would smell
sickbyc.gif
…Broody chick and Poult hatch did not work. Chickens hatched and the broody allowed the Poults to die in the shell, except for one that was barely alive in the shell. That one is in a tightly packed incubator.
th.gif

Debs_flock posted turkey poult pictures.
love.gif

Wildriverswolf90 posted pictures of Polish hens that she finally has in the colors wanted…
love.gif

Last edited:
Kills me what they do to those packages. I was hoping though with extra Langshuns, you'd at least get the 8 I donated. If I don't screw up my next hatch I have several in there along with lots from my other birds. I'm having a heck of a time here where usually my shipped eggs have been doing great. Better hatchers I guess. Get really frustrating that I go through good and then really bad times. I did toss some quiters and blood rings today, but there's 61 eggs in there I need to hatch. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by even saying anything.
I'm crossing my fingers for you! I've got a good feeling! And.... you sent me 21 eggs! 12 are going strong! I think you went above and beyond. And they will be gorgeous! Maybe I'll build the Langshans some ridiculously adorable little coop all their own. Something whimsical! Maybe like one of those Hobbit House coops. Hmmmm......the wheels are turning!

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-20-2013

Wolftracks sent an egg shipment that went up and down California for a week and the recipient was only three hours away…
he.gif

NotaFarm explained why some have so many bators—It’s like the way they sell hot dogs and buns…
lau.gif

Razadia can’t catch up! Broody hatched 5 fluffy yellow chicks…
love.gif

SCG Rumors again….Not Pregnant! Mstrice and Razadia are…
whistle.gif

Silkie Sensation cannot find fertile eggs….
83001mt0.gif

Chickenpooplady is here to learn but not hatch! Get some eggs in that bator I Say!
clap.gif

Hurley shared some pictures of her Aussie pup.
love.gif

Gryeyes shared that Turkey Poults say Whut. Do not call them little hooters however…
gig.gif

Mahonri wants to candle! He has had good and bad luck with broodies….
thumbsup.gif

Gardengirl73 shared a great poem with us! X2 for white vinegar as a cleaner…
grinning-smiley-003.gif

QuirkySue has an Aussie too!
love.gif

Ronott1 posted pictures of a Duckling, Blue Egg Layer and a Bantam just hatched little guys.
love.gif

Pkillian wants to know how to use a Leahy 416 Incubator.
hu.gif
I wish I knew.

Chicken pickin missed out on the TSC chick days end of event sale but is happy to have Turkey and Marans eggs ready to hatch!
rant.gif

Durr had a CDM baby hatch!
love.gif

Razadia wanted a hatching calendar. A chart and a calendar were posted!
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dsqard shared an hardboiled egg technique!
thumbsup.gif

Novanod1966 hatched out two poults and has them with Tutors!
jumpy.gif

HEChicken found a rotten duck egg and detonated it in a grocery bag. It smelled as bad as others have said they would smell
sickbyc.gif
…Broody chick and Poult hatch did not work. Chickens hatched and the broody allowed the Poults to die in the shell, except for one that was barely alive in the shell. That one is in a tightly packed incubator.
th.gif

Debs_flock posted turkey poult pictures.
love.gif

Wildriverswolf90 posted pictures of Polish hens that she finally has in the colors wanted…
love.gif
May I be the first to say this eve, Excellent Digest Ron!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom