**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

UphillJill: My name is Jill and I live on a hill.
frow.gif
Loved reading everyone's username background. Wish I had a better story for mine. Tho I can add that the name started as my blog moderator name for a blog DH and I have about building our net-zero house. The house (and blog) is called "Uphill House" due to it's location up a steep hillside. (You should see our driveway!)
I have also truly enjoyed hearing about the user names. Isnt BYC such a great community! Sometimes you guys just seem like family. Even though we don't chit chat back and forth I have seen so many of you regularly on various threads and enjoy each one of your online personalities.

Uphilljill, your story actually made me chuckle with its simplicity

Cold up North.........Brrrrrrrrrrrr

I have been having such rotten luck with people on CL lately saying they want chicks and then flaking out. I hatched some blue/black sex link chicks (which I put pictures up here) and I had a lady say she wanted them but couldn't get them until the weekend (it was like a Tuesday). So I said I would hold them for her and come Friday she says her plans have changed and she can't get them. She was asking about shipping but I really don't want to go through all that work for 10 chicks. So I contact a guy who said he wanted them and and then after we started getting things set up for him to come out he just stops contacting me. Then yesterday a lady says she is coming at 4 to pick up the chicks. So at 4 I get an email saying she can't find my street. I email her back asking where she is at and right after that I send another email with my phone #. She was only 5 miles from my house but instead of trying to figure out where I am at she goes home. So frustrating!
rant.gif

I get this, too. It is so frustrating. I no longer "hold" chicks for people. First person here with cash in hand gets the birds. I have been burned too many times.

SCG - I have to admit, I'm relieved, when you said SOMEONE is getting a SJ with epilets, I thought it was me. Whew! I really do prefer my Houndstooth with Crimson leather trim and straps. I'll stick to it.........
wink.png

I admit I have perused the houndstooth fabrics on ebay, but nothing has quite inspired me. Yet.

It does get cofusing sometimes on wondering and figuring out who is a she/he.

In case anyone is wondering, I am a she. However, I would like to point out that I wanted to be a boy when I grew up, I had to have a talk with my dad when I was younger after I "hurt my penis" and I am such a tomboy it's not even funny.

This was asked on another thread and I think its a pretty cool idea to know why others chose their sign on names!

Anyone want to share how you came up with your screen name?

I'm a pharmacist.

I used to joke about going out to phight pharmacy crime when I went to work. My superhero name was born as SuperChemicalGirl.

Now I fight pharmacy personnel crime, drug shortages, understaffing and polyprescribing. In my spare time I also staff the pharmacy, play technician and help train our new managers on the ways of The Force.

Need help guys!!! :'(

I'm sorry. I don't candle when it gets to this point, so I don't see those issues. I leave everything in. If something has been pipped and doesn't progress for 24 hours, then I help it.

THe calico print looks like blue hens all over!!! Well done SCG!!!! Well DONE !!!!

SCG-- where do you get the poultry panels?????

woot.gif

Thank you. I chose the half paisley because I thought some of the marks looked like chicken feet, and there were more colors to match. I buy my regular prints from Mardens (are those outside Maine?) and the panels off ebay.

I kept my maiden name when I married some 25 yrs ago because I liked it and many many women I knew were woman who earned their doctorates and kept the name they earned it under. ( Sorry for weird word choices. LOL) High number of PhD's. Some answer to 2 names. MRs Mariied Name and Dr. Maiden NAme.

If I ever get married again, I will more than likely keep my maiden name this time. It was such a pain to change everything the first time, then to change it back... and I'm exhausted thinking about doing it again. I also like my last name, it's unique and I'm one of 3 people in the US with the last name (the other two are my parents).

thought ya'll would get a kick out of this.

Yes! My ex husband refused to allow me to have farm animals. I had wanted chickens so bad. The first thing BF did for me was build me a chicken coop. A few months after my divorce the ex came up to pick some things up and got to see the started chicken coop. That, and my chopped off hair at the court hearing was a good
smack.gif
for him.

UphillJill: My name is Jill and I live on a hill.
frow.gif
Loved reading everyone's username background. Wish I had a better story for mine. Tho I can add that the name started as my blog moderator name for a blog DH and I have about building our net-zero house. The house (and blog) is called "Uphill House" due to it's location up a steep hillside. (You should see our driveway!)
I was going to say, why no linkage in your siggy!!

My little turkey poult is still trying to absorb the little bit of the yolk let and got to say it is strong little burger, when do they get that little knob on their heads, this one doesn't seem to have one. On another note dumba** me was going down the steps and I left my boots at the bottom and I rolled my da** ankle and it is the size of a softball, I deciding whether or not I should go get it checked out, I will if my daughters water is leaking for real and she didn't just pee herself, then I can I have it checked out while we wait for our little Lola to be born.

My little turkey poult is still trying to absorb the little bit of the yolk let and got to say it is strong little burger, when do they get that little knob on their heads, this one doesn't seem to have one. On another note dumba** me was going down the steps and I left my boots at the bottom and I rolled my da** ankle and it is the size of a softball, I deciding whether or not I should go get it checked out, I will if my daughters water is leaking for real and she didn't just pee herself, then I can I have it checked out while we wait for our little Lola to be born.
What a day you are having, the little snood should show up in the first few days if I recall correctly.

Well duckie #1 died! I guess he started to early. Made a peep hole just enough to see if his beak was in fluid. Completely dry. :/ he peeped for a few hours and then died. :shrug

He was a big duckling too. Also his yolk sac was barely absorbed looks like he was just too big and punctured through before he was ready? Hopefully i'll havd better luck with the next 3.

Well duckie #1 died! I guess he started to early. Made a peep hole just enough to see if his beak was in fluid. Completely dry.
hmm.png
he peeped for a few hours and then died. :shrug

He was a big duckling too. Also his yolk sac was barely absorbed looks like he was just too big and punctured through before he was ready? Hopefully i'll havd better luck with the next 3.

Was he early? How long did you wait before making a hole? I don't help until they've pipped and not progressed at all for 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom