**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

I have pekins pipping today & due tomorrow. The runners, calls, silkies, oegb, buff orps, EE bantams & cochin mixes are now in lockdown. I will be taking the incubator to my son't classroom Monday afternoon (will take 5 min to get it there so no worries of chilling that quick) for his kindergarden class to watch the rest of the chicks & ducklings finish hatching this week. I'll just have to make sure I set everyone in a carton for thr trip so they aren't rolling everywhere while being moved.

I had 6 tutors hatch (4 still pending, but I think 3 are early quitters.) The first one to pip was a malposition, who hatched 2nd with his yolk unabsorbed. He looked pretty lively last night, but was gone by morning. Other 5 are doing well. Now they just need someone to tutor!

Guinea update: Started her on antibiotics last night. She's still not eating or moving much, but more than yesterday and looks alert. This morning she was calling to her guinea friends outside. Not using her indoor voice, but a good sign I think.
wink.png
At this point as long as she's drinking she will be ok a day or 2 without eating. Try enticing her with treats if she goes into tomorrow without eating. That way she at least gets something in her. She has a long time to go before she's better. Big wounds like that can take up to a month to heal, sometimes longer.

I have pips!!! I see three for sure and I suspect two more.. I'M SO EXCITED! I have six silkie eggs in the incubator and then I threw two mille fleures in about 8 hours later that I got from a friend's fridge on a whim, and they developed!! I am assuming they will hatch a day later than the others.

After the much awaited event, I had a turkey, a duck and a baby hatch all on the same day.
woot.gif
Baby-Girl-baby-new-arrival-congrats-smiley-emoticon-000422-facebook.gif
Baby Lola arrived yesterday afternoon weighing 6lbs 10 oz, joy. Sweetest baby doesn't cry and sneezes a lot.
LL

Last edited:
After the much awaited event, I had a turkey, a duck and a baby hatch all on the same day.
woot.gif
Baby Lola arrived yesterday afternoon weighing 6lbs 10 oz, joy. Sweetest baby doesn't cry and sneezes a lot.
LL

Congratulations !
I have a poult.......and two zippers......and lots of pips!
up_and_down_3_text.gif
woot.gif

I have pips!!! I see three for sure and I suspect two more.. I'M SO EXCITED! I have six silkie eggs in the incubator and then I threw two mille fleures in about 8 hours later that I got from a friend's fridge on a whim, and they developed!! I am assuming they will hatch a day later than the others.

clap.gif

woot.gif
LL

She is very cute! She does look a little mad in this picture (but her tongue sticking out is so cute).

I hate it when I have to suffer because of other people's stupidity. This morning our temp pen was attacked by 2 roaming pitt bulls. We lost 2 RIRs and Bob the RIR/BA.
hit.gif
Hennrietta hid in the grass and has a few feathers missing, Tripp the HRIR hid behind the banana trees behind our house, he came out from behind the trees when he realized it was us and not the dogs. The white game hen is missing a patch of feathers and skin on her belly. She's been bandaged up and she's still in shock, but she's coming out of it slowly.

There's no question as to what's going to happen to those dogs when we see them again. We know what they look like and they won't have the chance to it again. I am so upset right now. This hasn't happened to us in years and Blu blames himself for not having the top of the dog house completely clipped down. It's not his fault. It's not anyone's fault except the dog owners for letting their dogs roam the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom