**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

First poult out yesterday;
big_smile.png
second one out by bedtime, and 4 more overnight!!
celebrate.gif

OMG one polish chick today! Never successfully hatched despite three attempts with an incubator. Sweet mother of pearl! seven more to go-today was day 21. Geez, am I excited.

Only 5 BR turkeys eggs made it into lockdown for this hatchalong all the others were clear. Out of those 5 I have 4 pips this morn and the other one is rocking. Though there are only 5 eggs I have a feeling this may possibly be my first 100% hatch
wee.gif

Dont worry I wont count my poults til they are hatched lol

Hey All! Haven't been on in a while, but wanted to send well wishes for everyone's hatches!!
fl.gif
celebrate.gif
fl.gif
celebrate.gif
fl.gif

My official count for the hatch is 8 hatched out of 15 set. Not very good, but I'm happy with the 8 I got! 1 Blue/Gold Partridge Brahma, 1 Brahma Mix, 2 Blue & 4 Splash Cochins from Sally's Eggs!!

This is my first turkey hatch, so I have a question about assisting...

I had one hatch early yesterday morning, then another was pipped by 8:30 AM. My bator is at work, so I stopped in to check on it and found the pip. I have a webcam, but I can only get it to see 1 or two eggs at a time through the window of my bator. I set it on the egg with the pip and watched it all day long. It took until late evening for it to pop out a small 1/4" section of shell and has done nothing since. I think I can see its little beak poking out, but the camera pic isn't really clear through the bator window and the hole is near the down side of the egg. The egg next to it (about 3/4 out of my picture) is hatching right now and hadn't even pipped as of noon yesterday... Should I help the pipped egg or let her work it out on her own? If she were a chicken, I would have helped her by now... I'm going to stop in to check on them before I go to church this morning, so any quick advice would be great!

Thanks!!!

I have two new beautiful baby chickies!! A couple more have pips and one of those is working hard on getting out. It is realllly hard to regulate temps in that room now with super warm summer temps yesterday and then cold overnight. This will probably be my last time incubating for the season unless I find a better place for the bator. Oh who am I kidding.....of course I will find a better place for it!

OMG one polish chick today! Never successfully hatched despite three attempts with an incubator. Sweet mother of pearl! seven more to go-today was day 21. Geez, am I excited.
Congrats!! Very eciting -- your first sucess!!!!

Only 5 BR turkeys eggs made it into lockdown for this hatchalong all the others were clear. Out of those 5 I have 4 pips this morn and the other one is rocking. Though there are only 5 eggs I have a feeling this may possibly be my first 100% hatch
wee.gif

Dont worry I wont count my poults til they are hatched lol
Nice job!!! Aren't they pretty? Love when they turen pink.

Got home late last night to 3 turkeys out. 4 out this morning. They are quite adorable. They started hatching Friday night.

Got a lot of things to clean up and catch up on today. I definitely need to get the brooder set up and get these early hatchers out of there. No tutors, yet.

Back
Top Bottom