**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

I have 4 poults, 1 chick and a duckling (under my banty hen) so far.

The chick is very lethargic cause it just hatched. On the other hand, the turkey that hatched on Friday is now the shoo-in for tutor. S/he has figured out how to eat and drink and has shown the other poults while the chick naps.

but look how darn cute it its!
highfive.gif

Fourth tutor chick is out. Come ON, Turkeys! This is THE first Hatch in which I have started to hover over the incubator. A couple of days ago, I lost the BBB hen I purchased as a potential partner for last year's CdM solo surviving poult. I suddenly discovered her with a horrendously prolapsed vent and could not save her. Felt like an absolutely terrible flock mistress and really wasn't able to talk about it until today. Of course, she was my favorite and friendliest turkey hen. Sarge, the MW tom will miss her too - she was his favorite turkey stand. If'n you know what I mean...

Good heavens! Because it would be a very long post if I quoted everyone I wanted to, instead I will say congrats to sooooooo many of you. And I will say my condolences to too many of you. It seems like it's been a very intense week for many of us!

I'm going to go take pics for everyone.

Quote:

It's an adorable little black. Question. What color do the blue ams usually hatch. First one out is golden color. The second, I can see through the large pip hole is definitely a blue gray. Is the yellow a splash? They are gorgeous by the way!
love.gif
Sending good hatch vibes your way!!!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Okay, I just took all the baby waterfowl for a bath and a graze on the lawn. I need to sort through the 100+ photos I took, but in the meantime, here is some ducky cuteness for you.

One of the call ducks I just hatched out
love.gif

I SO want call ducks. The first I hatched were at the house I rented before I bought this place and moved up here. I had chickens, a Cayuga pair and four calls. My landlady had a "thing" about ducks (although she loved and had geese) and she made me re-home the calls after a predator got the Cayuga duck on her nest. That is the reason I went looking for a house in the first place...

I brought a call pair with me but the duck disappeared, leaving Elvis with all the Cayugas. He has taken a Cayuga wife though - they are such a cute couple.

I do wish the female calls weren't so loud.... But I would so love a flotilla of call ducks for the new pond....

Last edited:
I SO want call ducks. The first I hatched were at the house I rented before I bought this place and moved up here. I had chickens, a Cayuga pair and four calls. My landlady had a "thing" about ducks (although she loved and had geese) and she made me re-home the calls after a predator got the Cayuga duck on her nest. That is the reason I went looking for a house in the first place...

I brought a call pair with me but the duck disappeared, leaving Elvis with all the Cayugas. He has taken a Cayuga wife though - they are such a cute couple.

I do wish the female calls weren't so loud.... But I would so love a flotilla of call ducks for the new pond....
I'd like your pond for my flotilla of ducks/geese.

Geese pictures up next!

Back
Top Bottom