**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Okay, I just took all the baby waterfowl for a bath and a graze on the lawn. I need to sort through the 100+ photos I took, but in the meantime, here is some ducky cuteness for you.

One of the call ducks I just hatched out
love.gif

AWWWW LOVE
love.gif

It's an adorable little black. Question. What color do the blue ams usually hatch. First one out is golden color. The second, I can see through the large pip hole is definitely a blue gray. Is the yellow a splash? They are gorgeous by the way!
love.gif
Sending good hatch vibes your way!!!!
fl.gif
Yellow?? What's yellow in there??? Please tell me you don't have a OE in there....
sad.png

Time for the geese.

The whole gang.

African gander

Chinese gander

Chinese stretching after his bath

George (American) knows he is my favorite

He has a hole in his head, you can see in one nostril and right out the other side if you look carefully, LOL

I have lots of pictures of him chewing on the camera strap.

Who's behind me???

Yellow?? What's yellow in there??? Please tell me you don't have a OE in there....
sad.png
Is it an AM?? I have blue over blue, but 2 are from a BBS breeding, but they are blue. The roo is blue. I don't have anymore splash AMs and I've heard blue X blue will only breed blue. The AMs are NOT in with any other breeds, so they are pure AMs. Anyone know how a splash would show up?? Or have I remembered that wrong?

My Marans are together and I have a Blue, a Cuckoo, Black Copper and Blue Coppers in that pen, but some were in the lavender egg and OE pen. My lavender project roo is splash. I hope you didn't get one of his. My Marans have become egg eaters since they are all back in their own pen and I have about 2 more weeks to make sure everyone is pure again, but those eggs should be pure Marans. I don't know if the FBCM X BCM would produce splash either. I haven't gotten one, but I'd sure like to!

Sorry I haven't been on much, we are having major flooding problems here, I have had to move all my birds out of the laying coop, and from Three big breeder pens, because the water is about 4. Inches deep plus mud, and move them into a make shift pen in the old barn. It leaks in the barn, but for the most part is dry. Then had to lay sand and gravel in a effort to keep my dirt floor main coop from become a mud pit. Digging trenches around all my coops and trying to divert water to the ditches. It has been raining since Friday nonstop, and is excpeted to ccontinue until Wednesday :th and it is getting below freezing here at night :( I lost my entire veggie garden, 20 plants in all to a frost last night :rant ITS MAY !!!!!

on a good note My broody hatched 9 out of 12 eggs. My other broody's hatch is due today but I haven't had a chance to check the eggs yet. And my turkey hatch finished up 3 Royal palms, and 2 ........ crap I can't remember the other breed she gave :oops: shoot! Anywaway five turkeys in all but not a single tutor I think they all died in the power outage Friday :( (yep thait's right another power outage). Gonna try slipping them under one of the broody mamas.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been on much, we are having major flooding problems here, I have had to move all my birds out of the laying coop, and from Three big breeder pens, because the water is about 4. Inches deep plus mud, and move them into a make shift pen in the old barn. It leaks in the barn, but for the most part is dry. Then had to lay sand and gravel in a effort to keep my dirt floor main coop from become a mud pit. Digging trenches around all my coops and trying to divert water to the ditches. It has been raining since Friday nonstop, and is excpeted to ccontinue until Wednesday .th and it is getting below freezing here at night
sad.png
I lost my entire veggie garden, 20 plants in all to a frost last night
rant.gif
ITS MAY !!!!!

on a good note My broody hatched 9 out of 12 eggs. My other broody's hatch is due today but I haven't had a chance to check the eggs yet. And my turkey hatch finished up 3 Royal palms, and 2 ........ crap I can't remember the other breed she gave
hide.gif
shoot! Anywaway five turkeys in all but not a single tutor I think they all died in the power outage Friday
sad.png
(yep thait's right another power outage). Gonna try slipping them under one of the broody mamas.
So sorry to hear of your problems.
hugs.gif

Is it an AM?? I have blue over blue, but 2 are from a BBS breeding, but they are blue. The roo is blue. I don't have anymore splash AMs and I've heard blue X blue will only breed blue. The AMs are NOT in with any other breeds, so they are pure AMs. Anyone know how a splash would show up?? Or have I remembered that wrong?

My Marans are together and I have a Blue, a Cuckoo, Black Copper and Blue Coppers in that pen, but some were in the lavender egg and OE pen. My lavender project roo is splash. I hope you didn't get one of his. My Marans have become egg eaters since they are all back in their own pen and I have about 2 more weeks to make sure everyone is pure again, but those eggs should be pure Marans. I don't know if the FBCM X BCM would produce splash either. I haven't gotten one, but I'd sure
Definitely an Ameraucana. Hatched from the same big blue egg as the blackish gray Am. Has just a hint of grayish to the legs. Big and gorgeous! Poofy cheeks and all. I'm trying to post a pic, but the upload keeps failing. Hopefully some time tonight.

SCG it looks like you got two BR's and two slates!
wee.gif
I still have 8 hatched. I just candled and while there are a few maybes, there is only one "for certain" that I saw movement in. If that one hatches I will be really happy since it is a penciled palm. I did have one Narragansett hatch (I have no idea which one it is since there are a couple "wild" poult looking ones which are probably mostly BR's) I have one black and a few that look like either slate or a real light BR. Can't wait to see how they color out. Even if the penciled palm doesn't hatch, I have to say I am really happy with the 8 I have so far. They are doing really good. The tutors have them eating and drinking already (well except for the last one that hatched which really looks like a slate)

Back
Top Bottom