**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

I didn't dare put it under the broody, as I figured at this point she'd kill it.

IT ZIPPED IN LIKE FIVE MINUTES!!!!

So, I stole two Delawares from the Broody Mama and put little "Milagro" (that's Miracle in Español) in the Laree brooder with them.

My kids were freaking at the NAKEDNESS of the neck!!!

Congrats! That name is perfect!

Been a while since I've checked in...

I set 18 turkey eggs and 3 chicken eggs. 16 turkey and 3 chicken made it to lockdown. My hatch went amazingly well! 14 turkeys hatched, one dead in shell and one pipped then died, and all 3 chickens hatched.

Now I'm waiting on my first broody, on 13, to hatch this coming weekend and then in three weeks I have a second broody on 16, hatching. I am about to have turkeys coming out of my ears.

I have a question.

Sticky chicks = to high humidity or to low humidity???
The troubleshooting guide does not really help. Sticky chicks are caused by, from most likely cause:

1. Temps too low
2. Temps too High
3. Humidity too high
4. Humidity too low

Sticky chicks causes stuck chicks and stuck chicks get shrink wrapped. Make sure the temps are correct first and then work on humidity.

I didn't dare put it under the broody, as I figured at this point she'd kill it.

So, I stole two Delawares from the Broody Mama and put little "Milagro" (that's Miracle in Español) in the Laree brooder with them.

I'm so glad you finally got a naked neck. Looks like Thriller is the daddy... so part showgirl. Does it have a bowtie or totally naked?

celebrate.gif
Yay! Adorable! And sooo excited for you!

Group 1 in the staggered hatch was a bust. I've done eggtopsies on the eggs Wisher sent me. . . . .almost all were partly scrambled, if not fully.
hit.gif
Just a lone Olive egger made it to lockdown before he died on about day 20. It seems all mine quit between day 8 and 11. Not sure what happened.

Back
Top Bottom