**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Ahhhh...I will be on the search for NN roo in that case.
big_smile.png

I've got a nice completely naked necked showgirl rooster. He's beta roo but he's apparently sneaking around behind Alpha's back cause so far all the chicks that have hatched he's the daddy of.
lau.gif

Now I just need some silkie girls to make more showgirls.

I am so sorry to read about the lost poults. I, too, would be devastated! When I took the first, all fluffed up poult out of the incubator, I shrink-wrapped a second poult. Not too badly, as I was able to carefully peel off the top half of the shell and membrane, then put it back so it could get out by itself. It is currently sitting in its half shell, stretching. The first poult is very wobbly under the EcoGlow, but it just hatched today, so I am not too worried.

Last edited:
For wobbly poults or chicks... I add 1 tablespoon of white sugar to the quart water for 1-2 days. Then go down to a teaspoon, then half, then none over the next few days. It does increase poobutt so you have to be on the lookout, but it really does give them a spring to their step.

Quote: I would love some of his eggs if you are interested in a side swap.

For wobbly poults or chicks... I add 1 tablespoon of white sugar to the quart water for 1-2 days. Then go down to a teaspoon, then half, then none over the next few days. It does increase poobutt so you have to be on the lookout, but it really does give them a spring to their step.
I've found the fermented feed helps a lot with this as well.

I picked up a duckling at the feed store today as a buddy for the one I hatched from Jess's eggs. It is all yellow on the bottom, stomach, and chest; and all black on top. He has a black stripe down the center of his bill and a couple of black spots on his feet. Anyone know what kind he/she is?

Last edited:
I would love some of his eggs if you are interested in a side swap.

I've found the fermented feed helps a lot with this as well.

I can't guarantee he's the daddy with 2 boys in there. I'd be happy to send you some eggs, though.

I picked up a duckling at the feed store today as a buddy for the one I hatched from Jess's eggs. It is all yellow on the bottom, stomach, and chest; and all black on top. He has a black stripe down the center of his bill and a couple of black spots on his feet. Anyone know what kind he/she is?

Swedish maybe? Sounds cute. Where's the picture?

Back
Top Bottom