Second chick is here, and mom adopted other 2 NP *pics*

WRBH

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 13, 2008
Williford, AR
Well, so far, so good. Dove has adopted the two, week old chicks apperently with no problems. I have the deformed chick, and another that hatched out this morning sometime between 3am when we put the two adoptees under the hen, and 6 am when I went to sit and listen to make sure she was taking in the two. Once I was pretty sure all seemed well, I reached in to quickly grab up the deformed one, to my suprise I felt a new one. So snatched it up as well. With the other two being a week older think there will be less chance of problems if I keep the one newly hatched with the deformed one the same age. I have four more eggs due to hatch tommorow, 2 under another hen, 2 maybe 3 ( one egg is iffy) in an incubator. Going to hand raise the incubator eggs as well, so will try to put them with 2 I have now, wish me luck.
Okay managed to get a few pics before my camera died (don't have any more batteries, will get some and get better pics.
In the first pic you can see the bad left eye on the chick with the reddish face, the one in front. Eye looks smaller, and kinda squinted closed. They are in a straw hat, only thing I could think of,lol

100_1356.jpg

Next pic can see the newest chick in front.

100_1357.jpg

I am praying for the last 4 or 5 eggs due tommorow that they are fine, thanks for all of the kind words

Last edited:
not sure if it is just me - but your pics are so jumbo sized I can only see part of the straw hat:(

NM it corrected itself after I submitted my post!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom