Does anyone have experience with the MeeF incubator?

Mar 8, 2024
Hi everyone,
I want to hatch chicks out of my own flock here in a month or two, but I am having some troubles with my incubator (and it's too late to return it.) The brand is called MeeF and my first impression was that it was super modern and nice-looking, and I was super excited about the egg tray that can hold 30 chicken eggs at a time. It can also hold duck, goose, quail, pigeon, guinea hen, and peahen eggs.
But when I tested it out with some real eggs and turned around the egg tray to simulate it turning... It doesn't even hold regular-sized eggs. The egg holes are so small that it can only hold eggs from my young chickens which are really small. And I don't want to hatch out my little one's eggs, because if their dad mated with them, 🤢 then they would have deformities. So my only option is to use my older hen's eggs, which doesn't fit in the incubator unless I use a goose egg tray which only holds 12 eggs. And I'm fine with that, but I might only hatch out 5-6 out of that 12. Then what's the point of waiting a month just for 5 chicks?

I was wondering if any of you ran into this problem or have experience with this incubator.

20240228_133922.jpg
20240229_112219 (2).jpg

Hi everyone,
I want to hatch chicks out of my own flock here in a month or two, but I am having some troubles with my incubator (and it's too late to return it.) The brand is called MeeF and my first impression was that it was super modern and nice-looking, and I was super excited about the egg tray that can hold 30 chicken eggs at a time. It can also hold duck, goose, quail, pigeon, guinea hen, and peahen eggs.
But when I tested it out with some real eggs and turned around the egg tray to simulate it turning... It doesn't even hold regular-sized eggs. The egg holes are so small that it can only hold eggs from my young chickens which are really small. And I don't want to hatch out my little one's eggs, because if their dad mated with them, 🤢 then they would have deformities. So my only option is to use my older hen's eggs, which doesn't fit in the incubator unless I use a goose egg tray which only holds 12 eggs. And I'm fine with that, but I might only hatch out 5-6 out of that 12. Then what's the point of waiting a month just for 5 chicks?

I was wondering if any of you ran into this problem or have experience with this incubator.

View attachment 3780614View attachment 3780615
Your eggs don't fit in turner when it's in place like in picture?

Your eggs don't fit in turner when it's in place like in picture?
I think the egg holes are supposed to be slightly larger than the egg itself, but in my incubator the egg is bigger than the hole so it doesn't turn it properly. I tried putting the tray in the incubator with the eggs and I tried turning it, and it just doesn't turn the eggs at all.

Yes, I indeed have one and have the same issues as you. But, it can be rectified by placing some non-skid shelf liner underneath the tray. I didn't do that with this batch, just been hand turning them. The unit keeps the temperature well. I'm going into lockdown with my eggs tonight.

But yes, if the eggs are overly large, or shaped oddly (I have a few long eggs) they won't turn well.

As for having the father breed his daughters, so long as it's not overly inbred (several generations) they should be fine. We can't apply human norms and genetics to chickens. :)

Yes, I indeed have one and have the same issues as you. But, it can be rectified by placing some non-skid shelf liner underneath the tray. I didn't do that with this batch, just been hand turning them. The unit keeps the temperature well. I'm going into lockdown with my eggs tonight.

But yes, if the eggs are overly large, or shaped oddly (I have a few long eggs) they won't turn well.

As for having the father breed his daughters, so long as it's not overly inbred (several generations) they should be fine. We can't apply human norms and genetics to chickens. :)
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
What non-skid shelf liner do you use?
And how do you hand turn the eggs?
Thank you for your answer to the breeding question!

Thank you SO MUCH!!!
What non-skid shelf liner do you use that won't melt?
And how do you hand turn the eggs?
Thank you for your answer to the breeding question!
The thinner stuff you can get at any houseware store, or even the dollar store. It won't melt.

For turning the eggs, I mark one side then just turn them 1/3 of the way 3 times a day. I even use the tray and push it along since some of the eggs turn well (I'm lazy!).

Back
Top Bottom