Second Import from Thailand

Pfauenfreund

Songster
12 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Hello ,
in order to have an optimal basis for the stud book, I have imported another four (3,1) Imperator from Friedrich Esser. That we will have in the future optimal animals available, Friedrich had reserved the best animals he had for me.
When you are looking at the pictures, you have to consider that the animals are just 7 months old. For this age they are very big, long-legged and already very colorful.
When watching the hen you can see how much blue she has on the wings already and what a magnificent long crest she wears at this age. She is already longer as the one of so many adult hens.
The animals arrived on 19.12.2012. They have survived all the transport almost unscathed.
More details you will find soon on my homepage.
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a healthy and successful 2013
With best regards
Reinhold

Beautiful, it would be nice to have such good Imperator here in US.

I will try to find some money to import some of your chicks in future.

Best wishes for you too
PeaChecker

Last edited:
WOW! Those imperators are absolutely amazing, and for seven month old birds the coloring is exceptional!
I really love how they stand so tall, and they sure will be great for your stud book program.
I wish you luck with these birds and I hope your imperators from your first imports will produce many peachicks this 2013 breeding season.
I can't until I am older to import some of these beauties from you! Please keep us updated on them.

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Hello,
here some actual pictures of the Imperator which I have imported in 2011. The animals now approx. 20 months old. If you want to see the pictures bigger and in better quality you have to visit my homepage (www.pfauenfarm.de)
Regards
Reinhold

Oh the peahens are so beautiful! Their wings are so bright! The peacocks are nice and tall. Beautiful birds and beautiful grass too. Our grass is dead right now, but some sunflowers are starting to grow in the pen because of some of the sunflower seeds the birds didn't eat are sprouting.

Oh I have a question for you... I noticed that you don't put up blinds on your pens so that birds in another pen can still see the birds in a next door pen. Do you ever have problems with birds fence fighting or pacing the pen trying to get to the other birds?

Last edited:
That is a great question about the blinds. I am wondering the same thing too. None of my pens have dividers in between them...

Oh the peahens are so beautiful! Their wings are so bright! The peacocks are nice and tall. Beautiful birds and beautiful grass too. Our grass is dead right now, but some sunflowers are starting to grow in the pen because of some of the sunflower seeds the birds didn't eat are sprouting.

Oh I have a question for you... I noticed that you don't put up blinds on your pens so that birds in another pen can still see the birds in a next door pen. Do you ever have problems with birds fence fighting or pacing the pen trying to get to the other birds?

Up to now I don't have problems without blinds. I have to follow up how this will be when the roosters are adult. Last year there was a problem in one aviary, that the animals were always passing the fence. There I have installed a blind, but it was not improving the situation that much.
I will see what is going on in spring when the matting season is going on.

I wish all here a Happy, Successful and (most important) healthy New Year 2013.

With best regards
Reinhold

Back
Top Bottom