Second Lieutenant DH!

chickensducks&agoose :

Thanks guys, the ceremony went well, and he's told the kids that they can call him 'Sir'... they decided they'd rather call him 'Dad' instead. He's feeling both proud and just kind of tired, it's been a lot, a LOT of work, and this promotion has sealed him in with the national guard for the forseeable future, effectively narrowing his choices for the future, but at the same time, promising some level of stability. he can count on one weekend a month, 2 weeks a year for the next 4 years, which is nice. I'm proud of him, and also a bit nervous about what the future will bring. I don't think i can handle another deployment... at least not anytime soon. He's only been home for a month....

Congratulations. DH has been working on his packet to put into the Seaman to Admiral program, and hoping to get picked up this year
fl.gif
It is a lot of work, and as you said may be a pay cut... But if this is something he wants/wanted way to go!

And I think they usually try to leave you home with family for a while if/when they send you out on another deployment... Although hoping it may not come to that

Congrats!​

hugs.gif
congrads to your husband. To all you fellow service personnel who don't know if they want to make it a career. Let me tell you after 20 yrs the benefits are outstanding and they start the day you retire. Been there, done it and will do it all over again if I could.

Back
Top Bottom