Second time incubation ^-^

luvmypets

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
East Coast
Our first time incubation isnt going as planned out of twelve we have four remaining...Other eight had blood rings. My questions are what is a good temp, for lg still air with egg turner? What is the humidity? Are the eggs supposed to be pionty end down?

Thanks in advance,
Luv

Pointy end down, yup. Temp for still air is measured at top level of eggs- 101.5F; forced air is 99.5F. The variation of air temp in still airs from top to bottom makes for the difference but if measured at top of eggs 101.5F the inside of egg will be correct temp.

Humidity? Well there you'll get a lot of different answers. Here's mine:

35-40% first 18 days. 55-60% last three.

Pointy end down, yup. Temp for still air is measured at top level of eggs- 101.5F; forced air is 99.5F. The variation of air temp in still airs from top to bottom makes for the difference but if measured at top of eggs 101.5F the inside of egg will be correct temp.

Humidity? Well there you'll get a lot of different answers. Here's mine:

35-40% first 18 days. 55-60% last three.
Cool thanks, I am almost positive none will hatch so Im trying to get enogh information for the next hatch.

these are the four remaining not very hopefull for day 10.
sad.png

it's a very large air sack so I wouldn't give up yet. That means that they were fertile at one time. What temperature do you have it at?

it's a very large air sack so I wouldn't give up yet. That means that they were fertile at one time. What temperature do you have it at?
99.5 I know that one is stumping me...no blood ring and the air cell keeps getting bigger I have good hopes for it.

99.5 I know that one is stumping me...no blood ring and the air cell keeps getting bigger I have good hopes for it.
Thought id add that all the ones with blood rings had smaller air cells so idk
here is our roo, he makes very hand some crosses. All his chicks have what I call bronzing on theyre backs, where they get like small tints of bronze feathers.

Back
Top Bottom