Secret Swappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why cant both boards get together and if banned at one. Then banned here too. Why give these folks a chance to keep scamming others?

ML

I had seen that she was banned from there, but with no explanation, I assumed it was personal differences within the moderators.
idunno.gif
Especially when i saw that she was put in charge of the swap on this board.

oh well, one must move on. We walk through the valley of muck before we get to the chicken coop.
gig.gif

Just curious as to how many folks are involved in this deception (if it truly is one). And also curious as to the reasoning behind her being banned.

I had seen that she was banned from there, but with no explanation, I assumed it was personal differences within the moderators. idunno Especially when i saw that she was put in charge of the swap on this board.

BYC did not put her in charge of the swap.
BYC did not sponsor the swap, it was a member generated event.

Please keep in mind that this is a public board and do not get lulled into a false sense of security due to the familiarity of the community. Most of the members here are wonderful, friendly, helpful, honest, and generous individuals but unfortunately there are always going to be some people who are not so great. Please ask questions and do your homework before you participate in any sales, trades, gifts, or swaps. BYC does not arbitrate disputes between members. If we receive complaints against an individual, we may give him/her a chance to make things right, or, the member may be banned outright, depending on the situation. There will be some differences in how individual situations are handled by different moderators and administrators. Please use the Report feature to notify Admin/Mods of suspected scamming and fraudulent acts.

When members are banned, they are notified of the reasons privately.
Reasons for being banned include (among other things) spamming, scamming, flaming, obscenities, abusive behavior, and uncontrolled meltdowns (although those usually end up as boardicides).
th.gif

Chel
caf.gif

And with all scammers and decievers, even if they are banned, even if it is banned at the IP addy level, they can still re register if from a different IP and user name. Banning IP's is impossible if they are on dial up too... but who uses that?
lol.png
J/k for those who don't get fast webbing!

I'm guessing she scammed a bunch of people. All her posts say to all her partners. I felt kind of suspicious from the get go that she had more than one partner but trustingly sent my package to her. I was also involved in the recent swap at the other board and had a great experience, and almost everyone I've come in contact with on this baord has been great. I would definitly try a swap again if it came around. Kathy

I am sorry for everyone that was left without.. I was also to be a partner of hers and when I realized that she and who ever else were supposedly putting this on was not going to post the partner pairs then I felt it was wrong. I then went to the other site and went through the archives to see what had happen before. I even confronted her in an email about the banning and she claimed that it was not her fault.. Then I got excuses to what was being sent and she even told me that I had chicks coming from Ideal.. I called Ideal since she wouldnt give me a delivery date and they told me nothing was being sent to my addy. I at that point told her I didnt want to participate. I had actually started the sign up on the ez board by then. Alaskanhenhouse, did you get something from your partner from the ez swap? If not let me know.. Jenn

I had those same feelings you mentioned but didn't go with my gut.
hmm.png
v I too wondered why if she ended up taking on extra partners because ours dropped out, why she didn't pair us singles up. She first signed me up with someone named Lexi, cupcake something. <sigh>

No, but I also haven't sent to her. buzzardchick had some out of town trips so I chose not to send until she returned. I had then lost her address when my computer crashed. I kept loosing all things in my inbox. I keep asking for her address again and again but get no response, and now i'm very leary since she said she was dropping mine off before her last trip out.
idunno.gif

Im sorry to hear that.. At least you hadnt sent your box to her yet either. If you post something on the other site about your partner not being able to continue I am sure one of the other members would love to send you a box.. We will also be going again around christmas. Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom