Secrete to keeping silkies alive

I just keep mine in a pen. They don't feee range once their crest comes in. I don't trim their crests either.
I recently had a dog pass away so now I have a free 10x10 kennel that I believe will become kampground silkie. Though I foresee one sticking it's head through the chain link.😑 I even bought a silkie proof feeder this time.

Oh my gosh! Love the powder puff on her head😂😂
She had a puffball alright. So did her brother potato. I hope the next batch doesn't need haircuts. I bought 4 chick's hopefully one will stick around.

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_091441542.jpg
    IMG_20210801_091441542.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 5
Hardware cloth.
I love hardware cloth since we have raccoons. I live pretty rural so hardware cloth is very expensive and hard to get right now. But I'm resourceful, I got 2 months to figure it out. This would only be a pen for them during the day while I'm at work. Everyone sleeps in the same coop at night.

I have two Polish hens and one Silkie hen. Last winter I converted an old horse stall in my barn for them to live in while it was cold out. Now they live in one of those premade TSC coops placed inside my main chicken run– they spend the day in the run with the big hens and get locked in their little coop at night.

Back
Top Bottom