Sediment in nipple waterers

Thank you for the info, no nipples for my flock, then! We have iron as well.
Mine lasted for 1 year. So if you are okay with replacing the nipples every year, it isn't a big deal. But anything past a year will cause a flood. I went to a normal waterer and in the winter, it sits on a heater base. I have been very pleased with this.

If you have that much sediment from your well water I would be worrying about your house plumbing fixtures ie. faucets, shower valves, toilet tank, dishwasher the list goes one. It’s pretty cheap to install a whole house sediment filter. That would be my recommendation.

If you have that much sediment from your well water I would be worrying about your house plumbing fixtures ie. faucets, shower valves, toilet tank, dishwasher the list goes one. It’s pretty cheap to install a whole house sediment filter. That would be my recommendation.
Have one for inside but not for outside. One for tannins as well.

We had to replace our water softener a couple months ago. The company who tested the water said it wasn't particularly hard, but the iron was extremely high. He recommended an iron curtain in addition to the softener. $1300 expense became a $2900 expense, but I don't regret it ONE BIT. Wow, what a improvement. I can literally see the difference. So, yup, the chickens will get "inside" water.

Back
Top Bottom