SEE Live Chicken Hatching ONLINE-- Questions!!

Good day 20 is a little early to pip, but not a problem, they can take 20 mins from pip to hatch or 24 hours, dependent on the chick .
Most hatch within 4 hours of pip, but don't get panicked if they take a little longer.
All chicks are different some pip and then start zipping immediately some take longer, pipping takes a lot of energy and they could be taking a rest.
What was your temp I the bator during incubation?
Don't open the bator too often as you loose humidity each time you do. Keep an eye on the water level and you will be fine, if you have just topped up it shouldn't need doing again, when the eggs start hatching humidity will naturally increase.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you. And pics please if you wake up to a load of Easter chicks

The temp was bob on, I guess you have 24hours of waiting before you see some action.
Can't stress enough don't panic and don't open the bator, I know it's really difficult but it's best not to mess., let us know how you get on! Go to bed and when you wake up you will more than likely have some mouths to feed.

Success!!!! Ahhhhh so excited! I can't get into the school until 6:30 but I see 3 babies dancing around. LOTS of condensation on walls. I am sure they are struggling to dry off. Should I let air in the bator? See it live at the link above. :)

Gratz on your hatch, told you not to panic, the condensation is the extra humidity created by the eggs opening so don't panick. It should settle and by the time you get to school the three that have hatched should be nice and fluffy

Hi! Thanks! They are still so damp. I opened the corner of the bator to let a little air in. 4 babies are up and moving but are still so wet. Should I towel dry and place under brooder?

No I would wait for a few hours yet, it takes about 4 hrs for them to fluff up, they have enough food for 3 day from the yolk they absorbed before hatch, if you move them too soon you may risk the others waiting to hatch, try not to open the bator if you can help it

Two are out in the brooder. They are snuggly warm. I left two in the bator for a little longer. I have one who is externally pipped-- yet membrane looks yellow. I am not sure how this is possible since the incubator had so much condensation-- and I am sure humidity has been fine as a result of the 4 chicks hatching and full water pots. If you have a chance-- please take a look at the live internet feed to let me know what you think about the membrane. THANKS!! =)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frps-chicken-hatching

Oh hello world!!

Back
Top Bottom