SEE Live Chicken Hatching ONLINE-- Questions!!

Wait, sorry i just told you to do something that you shouldnt do until 24 hours have passed from the zipping of the egg shell. Wait it out a bit longer. And keep me posted please.
big_smile.png

I did it! I opened it! =/ I knew if I did not add water within the hour the incubator would be dry-- So I opened it.. draped a wet paper towel over the egg with the pip.. and quickly poured water in the bays. I made sure the chicks membrane was also wet a little to prevent drying. DID I DO THE RIGHT THING?? I hope so =/ HELP PLEASE =)

,Not sure what you Re actually asking, have ou opened the Ir sac part of the egg early? If the membrane is going yellow it is drying out, place a wet paper towel over the end of the egg and don't be tempted to fiddle. Use warm water for the paper towel 37 degrees ish or you will cause more issues.
More details please

It's hard to say as you haven't told us much, it seems you are doing fine, keep the humidity up, DON'T fiddle with them or open the shell etc,
Are they overdue? Are they pipping? How long have they been pipping, did u open the eggs etc, what's ur bator and humidity at.

Sorry after re reding an earlier post it sounds if you have already opened an egg. If you get a ear bud and dip it in WARM water and place of on the membrane. If you see red veins, pop it back in the bator with a damp paper towel over it and leave it be.
The veins showing mean it is still absorbing from the yolk and is NOT ready to hatch,
If it is late hatching it could be down to a low temp in your bator so may take an extra day or two, keep it humid and damp and u will be fine, but don't mess with it

Today is day 20. When I checked the incubator at 6:30 am one had made a small external pip. The water levels were low in my Brinsea mini adv. Little pipped chick had been working hard for 8 hours before I had to open incubator to add water. After I added water four more pipped! I left the school at 530... Watching live feed all night and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom