Seeking your Sage Steering

Redwood City Guy

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
I'm an office worker who sits in a gray cublicle with no sunshine from 9-5 M-F. I moved to Northern California from Southern California three years ago, and now share a home in Redwood City with my partner and Winston, our Scottish Terrier. My mother's father had a ranch, and I have cousins in Pennsylvania who own farms. I remember visiting the farms as a child. I stepped out the car, held my nose, and said "pwe yoo." I ran into the hen house every time I heard cackling to find the newly-laid egg until I was told not to do that because it made the hens nervous. Then I was told to direct the cows into the barn at night by standing in front of the cows with my arms outstretched as they ran towards me. Yeah, right. I think I inherited my green thumb from my grandfather, and have good luck with fruit trees, veggies, and just about any kind of plant. It is yet to be determined if I also have the rancher's gene. I have yet to decide if I really want chickens, but I hope my pestering questions to be asked in this forum will help me decide. If I DO get chickens, they will be happily pampered and afforded more space than I'm allowed in my cubicle.

welcome-byc.gif

There are many people here to help when you ask.

Welcome from Indiana!
smile.png
I doubt you would ever regret a choice to take on chickens. I look forward to getting home each day to spend time getting to know them. They are entertaining to watch, soothing to listen to, and some are quite snuggly. But you are very wise to explore before jumping in...

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. Nice to have you....research and become convinced you can no longer live without chickens.......
lau.gif
Folks on the site are all informative but have a very contagious disease....'Chickenitis". It is a very virulent bug, even spreads over the internet.....handwashing, masks, HazMat suits are all useless.....
gig.gif

Oh believe me...your in trouble now. You see the more you research the more you'll get to wanting chickens
droolin.gif
. Then you'll go from wanting to I've just gotta have some chickens
love.gif
. Then the next thing you know you'll be furiously searching for a place to get some chickens
wee.gif
. Then you'll know your one of us...you've become a crazy chicken man
tongue2.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Michigan. By the way there is no better therapy then sitting in your yard with a favorite beverage watching your chickens at the end of the day. Best way ever to unwind.

Back
Top Bottom