Seemingly healthy hen suddendy died.

LindsayDarling

Songster
May 26, 2023
Lake County California
I seen my Mabel girl this afternoon laying an egg. I went out to the coop this dusk to check on my flock n she was in the same spot dead. Any tips on what to look for? I don't see any marks on her body or mites or lice. She was eating and acting pretty normal, it's just getting hot here so she was panting, but that's the only diff in her behavior.

Last edited:
I seen my Mabel girl this afternoon laying an egg. I went out to the coop this dusk to check on my flock n she was in the same spot dead. Any tips on what to look for? I don't see any marks on her body or mites or lice. She was eating and acting pretty normal, it's just getting hot here so she was panting, but that's the only diff in her behavior.
I'm sorry about your hen.

Hard to know what happened unless there's a further investigation. If you still have the body, refrigerate it and send it to your state lab. OR if you feel like you can, take a look inside at the internals. Take photos, we'll try to help you with what you see.

I'm sorry about your hen.

Hard to know what happened unless there's a further investigation. If you still have the body, refrigerate it and send it to your state lab. OR if you feel like you can, take a look inside at the internals. Take photos, we'll try to help you with what you see.
Ok were looking into sending her in. Thank-you for your response. We hope the rest of the flock are gonna be OK🙏

Back
Top Bottom