Seems normal but can't stand up

TeamV8

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 7, 2012
Went out to the coop this afternoon and one of our leghorns was just laying by the coop door. She cannot stand. If I try to help her stand up it seems like her legs are shaking and she just falls over to her side. She does move her toes and tries to keep her feet under her if I help her to stand but if I let go she flops on her side. She’s drinking water and eating some, her poop seems normal. Her comb seems darker red towards to end but I’m not sure if this is new or if it has been like that. Any ideas what could be wrong? Her eyes look normal so I don't think it's Marek's.

Sorry no real idea, but I can offer support.
Check the legs good for damage just in case it was an injury then get her separated. If it is a disease you really dont want it to spread.

Best of luck to you.

I can't see anything unusual on her legs/feet. I brought her in the garage and put her in a box with hay, food, and water. She's just chillin, looking around, drinking water like nothing is wrong. A little bit leaning to her side. Sigh.

As the day has progressed she's walking around a little better. Still not herself, and will just fall right over, but she can stand on her own now. Still not sure what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom