1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Seems she is a he....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Blondiechic, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Blondiechic

Blondiechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    ...so despite taking Onslow back to the chicken man when she was younger and him laughing at me and insisting she was a girl, and despite her being attacked by a dog and us going off to the vet who didn't notice she WASNT a girl (one of her wounds was round her bottom area) Onslow crowed this morning....twice

I have been secretly convinced she was a he but praying she isn't as she is so sweet, really friendly, loves cuddles, runs up and follows me about and all that, but I did notice the other day she has taken to walking around the garden before going to bed like she is making sure everything is ok.

So, my question is (although I know the answer really) is there any way to keep her/him quiet? We aren't allowed to have roosters where we live so now I have to try and find a home - so unhappy.

She/he is about 6 or seven months old - this happened once before but Harry (ette) wasn't such a personality and a friend owned a winery and they took him - they have since separated so I can't ask them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by