1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

selecting thread pages??

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by tigercreek, Jan 23, 2011.

1. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

I am reading a thread that is almost 1,000 pages long. Is there a way to select say page 234 when i log in, or do I have to go page by page to get to 234?? Help is much appreciated!! .thanks.....stan

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

For now, there isn't an easy way, but I think you'll be happy with something we're working on and hope to have out soon!

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Here's a helpful way -

Say I want page 1016 of the Marans thread. Look at the URL of where you're at. You'll notice while in a thread, your URL ends with the page number you're at. Replace it with the page you want to be on.

Here's the Marans thread URL . . .

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=383387&p=1 <--- page 1 by default

Here's the Marans thread on page 1016 . . .

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=383387&p=1016 <--- your new page number

Hope that helps! [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:If you go up to the URL in the address bar, you can backspace to remove the page number, then enter the page number you wish to jump to.

Say you're on p=101 - delete the 101, enter 234, then enter. Takes you right there.

5. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

That's pretty easay!! Thanks for the lesson,..............stan

6. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I just noticed the drop down menu for the page number. When did that get added? And, is that the cool new feature you were talking about? COOL!! [​IMG]

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:That is one of the cool new things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by