Self Blue Muscovy hens... Why so light?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
These girl are from the same clutch as my boy, Blueberry(avatar pic). They were all the same color as hatchlings but Blueberry & his brother colored in right away whereas these girls are still SO LIGHT! They are going into their juvenile molt right now and my fingers are crossed that they'll darken up but I just don't know. It looks like all the girls in Gaia & Sidney's latest clutch are all going to be light like this too...

Anyone else have experience with Self Blue Muscovies?

DSCN5016.JPG

DSCN5049.JPG

DSCN5007.JPG

DSCN5006.JPG

That's the problem, they're not Whites, They're Self Blues. You can see they have some very pale/light color in them but for the sake of comaprison, here is their brothers....(at about 3 months old)

DSCN4605.JPG

Also, Here they are as Babies:
106_0174.JPG

Maybe it's the picture quality, but they look white to me. The other two brothers do look like selfs. When they were babies they DO look a little duskier than normal white ducklings, though.

I have my own color troubles here. I kept three ducklings thinking they were Silvers - now I'm not quite sure what colors they are. Whatever they are, they're the first of their colors that I've had hatch.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom