Self blues, what bantam breeds have this color?

Yes, Self blue aka Lavender is not related to the Blue gene which can get you black, blue, and splash depending on the crosses.

One bantam breed I know comes in self blue is D'anver, since I have some. Here's some pics.
smile.png
They're beautiful, but more wild, of course I bought them from a breeder who didn't handle them much (but their quality is so high it's worth it)

danverpossibilities001.jpg

danverpossibilities006.jpg

danverpossibilities007.jpg

Self blue in fact does breed true. It is a recessive gene, so if bred to say, a black, you would get all black birds, carrying a copy of the gene, but self blue x self blue = 100% self blue.

ameraucana
cochin
d'anver
d'uccle
dutch
modern
oegb
polish
silkie

I'm sure there are a few more...

QuailHollowPointers: The D'uccles are so pretty, if I didn't have too many babies I'd have a pair. That male looks like it has some cream or is it the angle? If he does then he's a porcelain instead of self blue. I have some porcelain dutch pullets and I think the mix of cream and blue is so pretty.

Quote:
By the way, do you have any idea how one gets the 'black and tan' D'uccle color as seen in the first picture?

I don't know how they do that either, were they from Millie parents? I'm curious too. I have to correct myself on the D'Uccles when I said I'd have some if I wasn't so filled up. I do have a male and 3 female Mille Fluer D'Uccles, I just always call them Millies so I don't pay attention to the rest of the title...Oops!
th.gif

Your male will be really pretty when he's all filled out.

Back
Top Bottom