Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
It is my little saxony girl. Right now she is under the heat plate. Bless that baby’s little duckie heart.

Even though it was chilly out I just had to take a peek in the truck.
View attachment 2070868

View attachment 2070870

She is coming in and out from under the heat plate. She likes the heat. But being under the plate kind of keeps her still as well View attachment 2070878
Now i have a severe attack of duckling fever! - And i forgot the jar with the duck-poop outside and it is raining cats'n dogs here..
First picture: The second duckling from the right is the White Layer. She has that "i dream of my next meal" look in her eyes. :lau

How are your babies doing?
Well you can tell from my extended absence that I’ve been sitting and just staring at them. They are PRECIOUS!

I think I’ve figured out who everyone is.
  • Twinkle, my Saxony, is my puny little one.
  • Petey, my White Hybrid, is a food hog.
  • Quinny is my Welsh Harlequin and she is a water hog.
  • Peaches, the Buff; Hershey, the Chocolate Runner; and Latte, the Fawn & White Runner will all earn identities soon.
I will upload some videos later this evening.

I sent Metzer an email just to let them know I had a puny one on arrival. She called me within an hour. Told me to boil an egg and give the yolk to them for added protein. She told me to let her know if it doesn’t make it. 🤫 Those words aren’t not spoken here.

Here is Peaches, the Buff (I think), snoozing out from under the heat plate. Ducklings are certainly much hardier than chicks.
6B8BD4A1-E0D3-4C3A-A74E-E9FD8F38E58D.jpeg

This picture shows the water hog, Quinny, going round and round the waterer. She literally will NOT stay out of the water
64EC170E-2F48-4041-9BB0-FF7EB57F1A66.jpeg

Here they’re all eating the egg yolk.
5396CA38-3CA2-4EF0-9D8D-95AE21E1C00C.jpeg

Just another shot. There’s no such thing as too many, right?
81AB6654-E9B2-45E9-A4C8-2F8ED4C2ECD0.jpeg

Watching them eat is so funny. They are like tiny vibrators. And when they’re dabbling in the water you can hear them chattering.

So far I love it.

Back
Top Bottom