Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
The little Welsh doing better?
The Welsh is tiny, but she is okay, I hope. It’s the little Saxony that’s puny.

At times she looks SO SO good and then some times she seems to revert.

My DIL is going to pick up some of this. If I was to put it on all the food it wouldn’t be bad for any of them would it? Also, can this stuff be given as an instant dose like the Nutri Drench?

930E4D0A-5E7F-4946-949C-0AF22E63F676.jpeg

First. He needs 50mg of niacin a day. iam using pharmacy isle B vitamins. its fruit flavored and easy to get for me. it is 30MG per ml. So he will need 1 syringe full in the morning, 1 in the afternoon then half of one in the evening.
I just want someone to double check my calculations. Based on this formula from @Jpat, I am going to give this baby a little over 1.5 ml of High Level Vitamin B split up over the rest of today. Is this correct?

The Welsh is tiny, but she is okay, I hope. It’s the little Saxony that’s puny.

At times she looks SO SO good and then some times she seems to revert.

My DIL is going to pick up some of this. If I was to put it on all the food it wouldn’t be bad for any of them would it? Also, can this stuff be given as an instant dose like the Nutri Drench?

View attachment 2071176
Have you given a shot to a newly hatched bird before?

I use an insulin needle on them and give injections on the neck “subQ “

I have only given that stuff to adult birds.

I just want someone to double check my calculations. Based on this formula from @Jpat, I am going to give this baby a little over 1.5 ml of High Level Vitamin B split up over the rest of today. Is this correct?
Actualy there have been discussions recently on good vitamin dosages, mabye @Miss Lydia could help better

I believe @casportpony has it broken down so until just start wit half ml. Only problem giving to newly hatched duckling is how. You want them to get full dose so putting in the water is going to water it down. and alot wasted.
I was giving it to her at the crack of her bill and letting the medicine siphon into her mouth.

Back
Top Bottom