Seller did not send eggs....

IggiMom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
West Virginia
I bought some eggs that were supposed to be sent out this past Monday. It is Saturday, and they have not come.
sad.png

What would you do? These were not expensive eggs, but I do not have a lot of money, and $15 matters to me.

And timing of eggs is important, the room for them in the incubator is ready. And, well, you know how you look forward to those eggs coming in the mail!

I have PM'd them several times with no response.

I hesitate to post negative feedback, because what if something has happened to the seller, a family emergency or something, I don't want to badmouth them.

But I would like to know. If the PO lost them, I would like to know that, too.

What would you do?

Catherine

Hi! If the eggs were supposed to ship Mon, I'd be getting anxious by now.
It's a member here? Have they posted in the last couple of days?
Do you have an email address? Maybe they just haven't logged in here to get their PMs.
If I had a full name, I'd see if I could find a phone # and call them to ask.

Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
Ditto that. If someone takes your money for something, then they need to be responsible enough to let you know if something arises. Almost a week is more than enough time for them to let you know if they have a problem. Besides that, I would want to know if they were an untrustworthy seller before I possibly purchased eggs from them.

Be sure you read the fine print correctly:

I don't know how this site works but I've twice bought eggs on Ebay not to mention the dozens of times I've perused the eggs on Ebay. A lot of people will mention in their ads that they only ship on Mondays. That could mean that even though the auction ended on Monday, your eggs may not be collected and shipped until the following Monday if the mail had already been collected that day. If something like that is the case, the seller may just think that you already knew that.

If there is a way for you to go back and check the seller's rules, you should do it just to be sure. If not, I'd do what everyone else said and wait til Monday. Did the ad mention what carrier the seller would use? If it's USPS, you can log on to the website and check the number of days that something would take to ship Priority Mail between the two zips and that might give you an idea on if you're jumping the gun or not. It does stink to wait and wait for eggs, especially when Saturday rolls around and they don't make it. But Priority Mail is not what it used to be. I'm seeing anywhere from 2-9 days using Priority ... what kind of priority is nine days?!!

Anyway, good luck. If you buy eggs again I would request a tracking number when the eggs are shipped. Not that the USPS tracking system is very good but at least you'd know when they were picked up and they'd have that all-important delivery confirmation as well. Hang in there, keep that incubator on, read a good book. Keep us posted!

Quote:
No full name, but I forgot that you could check and see if someone had posted. No--they have NOT posted all week.

This makes me fearful that perhaps something has happened to them, and I will just forget about it for a week or so.

I will try the email addy.

Catherine

I know folks usually assume that a week is plenty of time to notify you if there's a problem, and if nothing catastrophic happened, it usually is.

But sometimes, something catastrophic does happen. Sudden serious illness, death in the family, terrible accident, fire, tornado.....These things are not rare. At such a time, the last thing on a person's mind may be whether or not a box of eggs got mailed.

Hopefully, there was just miscommunication, a long power outage, a crashed computer...

But don't automatically assume a person is deliberately messing somebody over in a case like this. I think you're right to wait and see. You can always express negative feelings later, it it proves to be a case of neglect, dishonesty, or some other case of bad business. You can't take back harsh words, if you later find out the seller was innocent.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it was just a miscommunication. Good luck, hope all works out ok. Perhaps you'll be due a refund, or a box of eggs sent later.

I had someone ship me a box of eggs 3 weeks ago...I still haven't gotten it. However, I paid for shipping and they reshipped the order (since it was neither of our faults) and I have those eggs now...they went in the bator yesterday!

I had a seller ship out eggs on a Monday, and I didn't receive them until the following Monday. Twice (different sellers)!! I don't know what is going on with priority mail, but I have noticed that if you ask for delivery confirmation they magically seem to arrive sooner.

So, it's quite possible that your eggs did go out on Monday. Unfortunate you haven't heard from the person, but maybe they went out of town towards the end of the week or something. Don't be too hasty to leave negative feedback....

Two weeks ago I went to a minor medical clinic with what I thought was a cold (I'm a normal, healthy 28 year old woman) and apparently hit the floor (I don't really recall). I woke up several days later in an ICU at a local hospital, diagnosed as having had cardiac arrest. (I don't believe it, I think I had the Swine Flu and the CDC is covering up the cases to prevent panic. Haha.
big_smile.png
). I literally lost a week of my life. Just ... gone. I don't remember anything, but I have a great bill from the hospital that declares that I was pretty busy during that time, apparently taking up space on all sorts of expensive equipment. Even after I woke up and sorted things out, check out, came home.. I spent a week absolutely in a daze. Then I got better. More than better, I feel better than I ever have.

My point being, really weird stuff can happen and the day to day business of our lives falls to the wayside. Now, it's entirely possible that this person did just up and forget about your eggs/order. But give it a little while. Then come back here and warn us all if it was some sort of scam so we don't get taken too!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom