Selling Coturnix quail...pricing?

AimsChickies

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
SW Florida
I had a gentleman ask me how much I would charge per quail once I have some up and running, he is using them to train his bird dogs. I have NO Idea what to charge for that type of thing, does anyone here sell them?

The lowest I got my adult coturnix for was $3 and thats extreemly cheap for some areas. I thought it was just right- for me as a customer...however I will probably sell any adults people want for $5. Cept when I have lone males (1-2 males) I normally just give them away.
smile.png

I had a guys recently contact me about eggs and he is willing to pay 66 cents per egg. (thats 8 dollars a dozen. so to feel him out I said the chicks were 4 dollars at day old and 6 dollars at 6 weeks after they mature I told him they are sold as breeders and that was 8 dollare each. or 25 dollars a trio. he seemed interested. is buying eggs tommorrow! I didnt expect him to be ok with it. I found a falconer who wants to buy my excess male coturnix every week. he is going to pay me 3 dollars a piece for what I would have other wise culled. I think that is great!!!!

I think if you are looking for a fair midline price 3 dollars for up to breeding age is good. if they are sexed before maturity then 4 dollars each is good, and after that once they become breeders demand will set the price. I am letting the market tell me how much to charge.

Quote:
can't sell them on my side of pa at flea markets.... i've heard on the eastern side of pa of birdsbeing sold at fleamarkets, but nope not anywhere around here. I wish there was....I'd probably sell everything locally then than online.

Quote:
can't sell them on my side of pa at flea markets.... i've heard on the eastern side of pa of birdsbeing sold at fleamarkets, but nope not anywhere around here. I wish there was....I'd probably sell everything locally then than online.

That would be easier

Back
Top Bottom