Selling duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sarahr0612, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sarahr0612

sarahr0612 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2013
    Texas
    I'm fairly new to owning ducks & ours just started laying eggs. We have people who want to buy them from us but I'm not sure what a good price is. I sell my chicken eggs for 2$ a dozen but figured duck eggs would be sold for more.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    price depends on market where you are and prices from others wont help because they are based on that persons local market. My chicken eggs sell for far more than what you listed you sell yours for. I advise you look at the local market for pricing. Ag for sale lists, craigs list ect

3. sarahr0612

Aug 7, 2013
    Texas
    Well I live out in the country where alot of people sell chicken eggs, some even for less than that. But I never see ads anywhere for duck eggs.

4. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    I agree with Celtic Oaks. I see mine for $5 per dozen. I downloaded an article by Carol Deppe from "The Resilient Gardener" where she talks of how to cook duck eggs that I give people when they buy their first dozen. It explains they have higher protein. You can explain to people that they give baked goods and pancakes a higher loft. If you send me a private message with your email I can send you a PDF copy of the article.

And [​IMG]

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I agree checking out to see what the going rates are. When i sold mine, i charged 4$ per dozen.

6. sarahr0612

Aug 7, 2013
    Texas
    Ok thanks! I'm thinking 4$ is probably a good price for where I live. A lot of people here sell chicken eggs but not duck eggs.

7. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    I say $4-5 per doz.

8. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    I sell my chicken eggs for $3, and duck eggs for $3, $4 and $5 depending on the size (as compared to chicken eggs). I find the biggest challenge is the mental block people have about eating something other than a chicken egg! But I have found some people who are watching acidic vs alkaline foods, and most American's are too heavy on the acidic side. Chicken eggs are acidic, but duck eggs are alkaline.

9. sarahr0612

Aug 7, 2013
    Texas
    Thanks! I decided to sell them for 4$ to the people who already buy chicken eggs from me and 5$ to the people who only want duck eggs. I know, people always think it's weird to eat duck eggs! But I hear they're great for baking.

10. rosee sage

rosee sage New Egg

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi,
    I am brand new to this site. I saw your post about a pdf file about cooking and baking with duck eggs, you mentioned you give people a copy when they purchase your duck eggs. I would love to receive a copy if you still have it available.

My ducks just started laying and I have way too many eggs. I am considering selling them.

Thank youm
    Rosee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by