Selling duck eggs

sarahr0612

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Texas
I'm fairly new to owning ducks & ours just started laying eggs. We have people who want to buy them from us but I'm not sure what a good price is. I sell my chicken eggs for 2$ a dozen but figured duck eggs would be sold for more.

price depends on market where you are and prices from others wont help because they are based on that persons local market. My chicken eggs sell for far more than what you listed you sell yours for. I advise you look at the local market for pricing. Ag for sale lists, craigs list ect

Well I live out in the country where alot of people sell chicken eggs, some even for less than that. But I never see ads anywhere for duck eggs.

I agree with Celtic Oaks. I see mine for $5 per dozen. I downloaded an article by Carol Deppe from "The Resilient Gardener" where she talks of how to cook duck eggs that I give people when they buy their first dozen. It explains they have higher protein. You can explain to people that they give baked goods and pancakes a higher loft. If you send me a private message with your email I can send you a PDF copy of the article.

And
welcome-byc.gif

Ok thanks! I'm thinking 4$ is probably a good price for where I live. A lot of people here sell chicken eggs but not duck eggs.

I sell my chicken eggs for $3, and duck eggs for $3, $4 and $5 depending on the size (as compared to chicken eggs). I find the biggest challenge is the mental block people have about eating something other than a chicken egg! But I have found some people who are watching acidic vs alkaline foods, and most American's are too heavy on the acidic side. Chicken eggs are acidic, but duck eggs are alkaline.

I sell my chicken eggs for $3, and duck eggs for $3, $4 and $5 depending on the size (as compared to chicken eggs). I find the biggest challenge is the mental block people have about eating something other than a chicken egg! But I have found some people who are watching acidic vs alkaline foods, and most American's are too heavy on the acidic side. Chicken eggs are acidic, but duck eggs are alkaline.

Thanks! I decided to sell them for 4$ to the people who already buy chicken eggs from me and 5$ to the people who only want duck eggs. I know, people always think it's weird to eat duck eggs! But I hear they're great for baking.

Hi,
I am brand new to this site. I saw your post about a pdf file about cooking and baking with duck eggs, you mentioned you give people a copy when they purchase your duck eggs. I would love to receive a copy if you still have it available.

My ducks just started laying and I have way too many eggs. I am considering selling them.

Thank youm
Rosee

Back
Top Bottom