selling eggs? do or don't?

How encouraging!! Sounds like you have a captive market and your coworkers don't have to go to the market to get their farm fresh eggs.
big_smile.png

I sell my eggs to the families at church. I only charge 1.50 per dozen. I could charge more, but I choose not to. I only have had only had one complaint " not enough " I'm adding 25 chicks in soon because I just don't have enough! I love to see my hard work turn into money. The only problem I have is I can't find big enough cartons! My gal lay HUGE eggs.

Heck, I'm on the verge of complaining I don't have enough eggs myself! I want to make everybody happy! Ha.... I wish I could add more, but the City says no way, so I'm stuck with the ones I have. Got 10 eggs for the first time today, though. They are really coming around now! Yippie!

The tiny income will help defray the cost of feed, yogurt, garlic, and all the other nice things my girls get to dine on. I'm sure they would cast a vote of appreciation if they could.

It is my understanding that the first eggs are somewhat smaller than what they will become once the hens are in a routine and become more mature. The eggs in general have changed from 1 oz to 2 oz so far and seem to be getting bigger all the time.

I'm happy!

K8tieCat,
Don't buy yogurt for your birds. Check out the yogurt thread that is currently running and make your own for a quarter of the cost. The taste is fantastic. I have some in the refrig now.

K8tieCat, you're in NorCal too? Great... I've got competition!
tongue.png
My story plays out just like yours: Too many eggs, take them to work, now selling for $4.00 dz... now I need more chickens!

I also found that adding pictures of your girls having fun in the yard living the chicken dream doesn't hurt.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom