selling eggs

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
I was thinking of putting a sign out front fresh eggs for sale since i live on a busy country road and was wondering how much to charge for a dozen bantam eggs?

People may be looking for standard large eggs and those typically go for at least $2.50, so I wouldn't expect more than $2.00 /doz. maybe even less. You'll have to use 2 eggs for every one large. You can try to sell them.

Im kinda in the same boat getting lots of bantam eggs but not sure what to sell them for.I was thinking of using craigs list.

I am currently getting over run with eggs. I have standard hens and get anywhere from med - to super mondo jumbo. I am putting out a sign for $3 a dozen.

I've just started to sell my extra eggs as well. I would recommend checking to see if you have a local healthfood store. See how much they are charging for their eggs. You will probably need to charge a little less. And then see if they have a community board where you could post a sign. This is what I did & the manager called me a few days later freaking out! Not because he was upset, but because he wants to purchase all of the eggs he can get from me. He told me that another local healthfood store gets 100 dozen farm-fresh eggs every Tuesday & that they sell out before 1:00 pm. Of course I live in a larger city so this may vary depending on where you are at. But the people who are shopping in these stores usually already understand the importance & benefits of eating farm fresh eggs. That is half the battle in getting people to spend a little extra for your much more delicious & extremely more nutritious eggs.

I have sold bantam eggs in the past with very limited success at $1.79 per dozen. Most people I found did not wnat small eggs. I personally don't mind small eggs, they all taste the same and if a recipe calls for 3 eggs, I would just use 4 of the bantam eggs. This is one reason I no longer have bantams, only standards. Hope this might help
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom