1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

selling eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by spanner_3000, Jan 27, 2010.

1. spanner_3000

spanner_3000 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2009
    hi

i have 10 chickens and sell the eggs to friends, we charge £1 for half a dozen. having done some reserch and have found that this seems very cheap for free-range-eggs.[​IMG]
    i was wondering how much everyone else sells there eggs for??

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i have yet to sell, i give a dozen a month to my husbands boss and if i get a lot of eggs we dont use i give them to my neighbors. if i did sell the average in my town is 2.50$ a dozen.

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    a pound of what? [​IMG] Sorry...I thinks I am fun... Let see that converts to...I have not a clue...you will find alot of range here. It all depends on your location and what the local market will take. In my neck of the woods, which has no trees and is reall the plains...folks don't get more than about $2 per dozen...some places will get $6 and they leave as fast as they come

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i sell mine for 2.00 a dozen. i have noticed my local stores are charging over 2.oo a dozen for there junk.

5. WestTexasFarmboy

WestTexasFarmboy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2008
    Wilson, Texas
    I am getting $3 a doz at work, wheeee I win! OK it's not a contest, I know....[​IMG]

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    We get $3.00 per dozen for our free-range eggs. Could probably get more at the Farmer's Market, but it's easier to sell to friends and people at work [​IMG]

7. Lowanda

Lowanda New Egg

Jun 28, 2009
    Quote:Hi, I have 34 hens and i sell my eggs to people that come buy my house and the Feed Store and i sell them for $ 2.00 a dozen but i seen were some people ask $2.50 a dozen but i'm happy with $ 2.00 a dozen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by