Selling eggs

HuntEmUp

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 8, 2014
Fl panhandle
Hey y'all! I have a question: I am new at selling duck eggs. My question is this, I had my duck eggs refrigerated and I took them to the Farmers Market today. The eggs sat out all day, but not in the sun & they were in a cool place, are the eggs still good?

Unfortunately most markets don't let you sell eggs without a license unless they are unwashed. I am going through the same thing because i plan on selling chicken eggs in the 2015 market but i have no idea if they'll be good. I would hope so and enriquec's post does give me hope.

Yeah, I was just worried that they might not be good since they were refrigerated first & them sat out today. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it :) I'm gonna be putting up a sign by my mailbox saying I have duck & chice eggs for sale because, before I know it, I've got 9 dozen duck eggs & don't know what to do with 'em all! Lol :)

Eggs will last for a good month in either chilled or ambient storage.

The thing to avoid is going from chilled to ambient on a regular basis. I worked in a few supermarkets when I was younger and the eggs that were left in ambient day and night would last past their best before date.
Eggs that were put into the chillers overnight then brought back in to ambient during the day would be on the turn after the same period of time.

There is a test you can do to check eggs, a bowl of water place egg in water if it lays on bottom ok if start to stand on edge beginning to spoil, if it floats at all forget about it best R

Back
Top Bottom