Selling eggs

NerdTime1997

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 13, 2015
Northeast, Ohio
For about a month I've been getting eggs and I get a ton of them. So my question is for all the people who sell their eggs.

Who are you selling to, family, friend, neighbors or just people you know or met?

Hello... I am a fairly new chicken "farmer" located about 60 miles north of New York City. I have 16 hens (no Roosters) and they lay about 12 eggs per day. I sell my eggs where I work, and I always have more "customers" than eggs to sell. My son, who has more hens than I, sells some to restaurants in his area. Another egg seller in my area has a sign out by his driveway, leaves cartons of eggs on a table (partly up the drive) with a "honor cash box" on it, and customers help themselves to the eggs and pay the box. Like most small-time hen raisers, I charge a fair price and use the proceeds to buy more feed.... Yep, I confess... my hens are my pets!

I sell to my neighbors, friends and some of my husbands co-workers. I don't do it to make money as any money made goes back to the chickens to purchase feed, etc. My chickens are for sure my pets, but they are giving me more eggs than I can eat right now. We are getting approx. 1 dozen a day.

For about a month I've been getting eggs and I get a ton of them. So my question is for all the people who sell their eggs.

Who are you selling to, family, friend, neighbors or just people you know or met?

I would sell to any of the above that are willing to pay for the eggs. Most of my customers I have found though Craigslist or word of mouth.

Back
Top Bottom