Selling fertile eggs for consumption

SleepyChickens

Chirping
Sep 21, 2021
Indonesia
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there,
I am planning to sell some fertile eggs for consumption, any idea how to prevent the embryo from developing? Anyone has experience in this field?
I've experimented by putting fresh eggs in the fridge for a few days at around 59F or 15C and then set them at room temperature for about 3 days. But the eggs were still showing white spot on the yolk (the white area got larger).
Is there a temperature point where the cold can kill the embryo and prevent it from developing afterwards even when in room temperature?
Or is there any better way?
The reason i want to refrigerate the eggs is because the farm is pretty far from the city where i want to sell the eggs. So I want to collect the eggs first and keep them fresh as long as possible. But I don't want the eggs to continue developing after my customers buy them.

Fertile eggs should not develop unless in an incubator or under a hen.I have had fertile eggs sit out for a while on a table and not developed but I guess it could depend on the heat.

yeah it’s pretty hot where I live (Indonesia). The average daily temperature is around 32-33 celcius (90-91F) during the day.
Your temps still shouldn’t be warm enough to promote embryo growth as long as the eggs don’t reach a higher temp and remain in it consistently. If your overnight lows are below your daytime highs you should be ok. Otherwise, leave them in a fridge.

Back
Top Bottom