Selling fertilized eggs at a farm stand

ERICKSON16

Hatching
Oct 2, 2018
I have always sold my chicken eggs from my house but I have a new flock this year and a Rhode Island Red rooster. We've never had a rooster so I want to make sure I can still sell the eggs if they are fertilized, from my farm stand at home and possibly a farmers market.

Yes, you can sell fertilized eggs. Most people can't tell the difference. I have an egg business in California. I have a egg handler's license here. I am required to refrigerate the eggs and they have to be sold in 30 days of being laid. Don't know where you are and what requirements are in place there. I never wash the eggs. They are protected already and washing removes it. :p

Yes, you can sell fertilized eggs. Most people can't tell the difference. I have an egg business in California. I have an egg handler's license here. I am required to refrigerate the eggs and they have to be sold in 30 days of being laid. Don't know where you are and what requirements are in place there. I never wash the eggs. They are protected already and washing removes it. :p
Oh my. Thank you for this advice. Just trying to begin my scope. Digging deeper. I am looking to start an egg farm in Oceanview Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom