Selling Hatching Eggs Question

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by TK Poultry, Dec 22, 2009.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok i want to sell hatching eggs sooner than later how hard will it be since i dont have birds worthy for nationals! i dont have the best chickens but will i still be able to sell my eggs even though they might not be the best?

edited for typos

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
  2. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    what breeds do you have and what kind of chicken do they produce?

3. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    You can definitely sell them even though they are not worthy of nationals. Only one bird can win a national show. There needs to be many more than what that one bird can produce to fill the demand for chickens in the US.

Cubalaya chickens are hard to find. You might try breeding those? We sell Cubalaya large fowl and Cubalaya bantams . [​IMG]

If you have any questions I would be glad to help.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Given what others are selling I don't see why you can't sell too.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There's no reason you can't sell your eggs. Just be upfront and honest about what birds you have and post pictures of the birds that the eggs will come from.

6. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i have SQ swedish ducks and EE's but plan on expanding to Speckled Sussex, Welsummers, a few varieties of cochin, and seramas!

honesty is always the best policy but i was concerned that i wouldnt be able to sell eggs which has been my plan since the start!

thanks so much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by