selling my roosters!

You just have to think of reason why you are selling and knowing that your doing the right thing. I know it's sad and will be hard I've had the feeling too I sold some birds this year that I hatched I was quite upset but couldn't possibly keep them all so knew I was doing it for the right reasons. And only today I sold my last 6 chicks that seemed harder than selling the older birds. My house is very quiet now but I know in my heart I've done the right thing. If you have others birds busy yourself with them I'm sure you will be fine.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry.
hugs.gif
It is never easy to let them go. Just make sure it is the right decision and that they are going to a good home that you feel good about. It will be hard at first. I hope your heavy heart will heal soon.
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you need motivation to sell your roosters, just think of the health of your hens. They will be spared being over-bred, bitten, having their feathers plucked out, battered, and potentially, seriously injured. I currently have 25 hens and I get loads of eggs without the aggression, fighting, feeding of non-productive mouths, crowing in the middle of the night, over-breeding and battering that goes along with having roosters (especially too many). My hens are stress free and enjoying life with no roosters. That is plenty of reason to remove any roosters in my flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Congratulations in finding a buyer for your roosters. Re-homing roosters is not always easy.

There is a glut of roosters on the market, you are very fortunate if someone actually wants to buy yours. Most people with roosters would be thrilled
wee.gif
to rehome them.

Back
Top Bottom