Selling quail eggs in Australia

Could you just use a regular egg carton &bubble wrap each egg? That's what I'd do.

I got Turkey eggs from Tassie, they were individually wrapped in tissues, in egg cartons, with bubble wrap around carton. Then inside a box.
No cracked or broken ones.

12 from 24 is not bad. Being greedy I had secretly wished for more. But that's a much higher success rate than I had with turkeys. Admittedly that's probably because I didnt have much time to tamper with the quails :gig

Yes definitely from an incubator. Had arranged a time to pick them up, and of course I text to say I am on my way, he replies that he is not home. After some mucking around his wife is home so I go to pick them up (I always bring my own box). Driving home, son says 'they are very warm'.
Got them home & put them straight into incubator. Several messages back & forth and the guy realizes they've given me eggs due the following day :eek: instant quail family!!

Could you just use a regular egg carton &bubble wrap each egg? That's what I'd do.

I got Turkey eggs from Tassie, they were individually wrapped in tissues, in egg cartons, with bubble wrap around carton. Then inside a box.
No cracked or broken ones.

12 from 24 is not bad. Being greedy I had secretly wished for more. But that's a much higher success rate than I had with turkeys. Admittedly that's probably because I didnt have much time to tamper with the quails :gig

Yes definitely from an incubator. Had arranged a time to pick them up, and of course I text to say I am on my way, he replies that he is not home. After some mucking around his wife is home so I go to pick them up (I always bring my own box). Driving home, son says 'they are very warm'.
Got them home & put them straight into incubator. Several messages back & forth and the guy realizes they've given me eggs due the following day :eek: instant quail family!!

I found some slats on the side of the road hundreds of them which would be good for holding quail eggs in place. Im not sure what they were used for cetainly not quail eggs. It was rubbish from an office supply shop.

Yeah i will try egg cartons aswell, running out of them now as the guy i sold them to last i gave him 4.

Lol. whenever i buy eggs they are never already incubated. Ok you picked them up. I think it would be a bit odd if he sent via the mail. They would probably die but if its a hot day they might hatch on transit.

Here is a photo of my 23 4-5 week old birds. My last hatch 23 of 31 of them survived. Im getting hatch rates around 70% now. Before i was getting 50-60%. Spraying during lock down with hot water definitley helps.

Well they are quite like im not too familiar with the postal costs here. Im guessing courier is around $10 or just under if next day. probably cheaper for longer delivery but that will risk the viability of the eggs.

Attachments

• P1010635.JPG
    P1010635.JPG
    586.5 KB · Views: 6
oh really did u check them well? im a bit surprised. next time i will wrap them up individually in bubble wrap. Let me know how they go.

Sadly two of my male roosters died Parker and Emerson. Parker i think of old age as banged his head on the wooden roof. And Emerson who was in a solo cage and the cardboard roof crushed and killed him. That leaves Bob (silver quail) and Boris (manchurian). Parker was my best male and Emerson was #2 the two of them fathered nearly all 22 of the 5 week old quails, who are doing well and some of them are bigger than there parents already. Bob is alright, but Boris is a bit weak. Boris had to be kept with the baby quails as he was having his feathers ripped out like crazy.

I will select another 1-2 stronger males to keep from the 22. I think i posted a thread with all the young quails i have. But its going to be difficult identifying them all.

Back
Top Bottom