Selling Quail Eggs

NYREDS

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
Does anyone have experience wholesaling Quail eggs to markets or seling directly to restaurants? If so how much are you getting for your eggs in either situation?
Also what's a good source for Quail Egg Cartons?

hey nyreds, here they pay $8 for 2 dozen standard cot eggs right around 10-12 grams from their wholesaler

I went to a few asian markets and a high end sushi restaurant. I worked a trade with the sushi chef cause my eggs on avg are 14-17 grams and far fresher than his wholesaler, he cracked an egg, manipulated the white from the yolk and then rolled the yolk in his palm waiting for it to break, it did not, the fresher the better.

best of luck sir.

We grade all our eggs.....first off the best eggs 12 to 16 grams are used for hatching egg sales or our incubators...then large 12 to 16 gram eggs are also used for restaurants etc.sold in bulk boxes....

we wholesale our fresh eggs to restaurants etc. in bulk boxes of 50 or 100 per box...50 eggs are 7.50 per box ...and 100 eggs are 15.00 per box.....wholesale...
we do not sell fresh eggs retail....but the going rate in LA is 3-4 dollars a dozen retail in clear plastic clam shell cartons when you can find them....

After hatching egg orders are filled....restaurant etc. orders are filled.....incubators are loaded for the week....all remaining eggs are sold to a commerical pickler.....
Louisiana has a very large pickle egg market (16 oz.Jars) and has several commerical picklers that are LA-DHH certified and purchase fresh eggs from local farmers.....Our network of 9 farmers sell to one pickler.... that company purchases around 14,000 to 16,000 eggs a week from our network of farmers right now and still looking for more....and they pay us .09 cents a egg wholesale.....regular retail on bulk eggs to individuals averages about .12 cents a egg when you can find them.....

most farmers in our area sell to the picklers because once you get set up with them they buy all the fresh eggs you can produce once a week.....its just so much easier than retail for the small farmers....most of them are just small backyard farmers who do this as a hobby small business....

I know of 8 picklers that are state certified and inspected....my state inspector told me last year LA has over 20 certified commerical picklers..and many who do the farmers market trade with home processed products....regulations vary state to state...ck with your local agency most have exemptions for small hobby farms....or your county extension service for local farmers markets guidelines.....

Dear All

I am a Ugandan based in Kampala and engaged in quail farming and I'm herein looking for
market for my quail eggs.

Will you kindly advise me how I can enter/access you as my market?

Regards
James Odongo
<[email protected]>

How do start selling the eggs like to markets and stores do u need something like a certification.

Back
Top Bottom