Selling Slaughtered Quail in Texas

TXMan

In the Brooder
Dec 24, 2020
I have read until I’m blue in the face. Does anyone know if I can legally sell processed corturnix quail that I process at my farm at the farmers market in Texas? I’ve emailed the state with no response. I called the local extension office. They thought I could but were not sure. We have no local health authority. From my reading HB 410 was passed in 2019 and allows the sale if I stay under 1000 birds and have it properly labeled and keep inventory. I do not think I have to register with the state. My main concern is does the definition of domesticated poultry include quail. Anyone with information would be appreciated

Last edited:
I have read until I’m blue in the face. Does anyone know if I can legally sell processed corturnix quail that I process at my farm at the farmers market in Texas? I’ve emailed the state with no response. I called the local extension office. They thought I could but were not sure. We have no local health authority. From my reading HB 410 was passed in 2019 and allows the sale if I stay under 1000 birds and have it properly labeled and keep inventory. I do not think I have to register with the state. My main concern is does the definition of domesticated poultry include quail. Anyone with information would be appreciated
Did you ask this particular farmers market what their own rules are?
Ask them first.

Back
Top Bottom