Selling young roosters...

ChickensXOXO

Songster
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
The Carolinas
I ended up with a lot of roosters this year, and this whole "litter" of 7 were all roosters.

I'm wanting to place them in new homes, but I'm not sure the best ways to advertise and how much to ask for?

DSCF0618.jpg

Thanks.

Honestly, unless your roos are rare, I really doubt you're going to get any buyers. There are always free roos available here and I usually pick up a few from folks to put into freezer camp if I'm low on eating chickens.

I would put an ad on Craigslist for free roosters, unless you can't stand the thought of them going to freezer camp. My last roos were actually feather legged marans, so rather than butcher them, I gave them away to someone on this list here in Montana. I figure they would improve her lines. I kept one because that bird will go to my main pen and darken the eggs of some of my other chickens.

JMO. Good luck!
idunno.gif

I live in the country, I wonder if the News Reporter would be a good idea... Need to find some old folks...
wink.png

A last resort for me might be a fowl auction (I could get at least $5 a piece). I don't mind if they're kept for pets or food.

Back
Top Bottom