Send good thoughts for this job!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just sent in my application for a position on a local rescue squad's paid day crew. I would really like to get a job over winter break, but it has been very difficult! Unfortunately the bird sanctuary where I used to work (And where I love working!) hired someone more permanent to help, since I am away at school and there are just not many hours left for me.

I would really, really like this job at the ambulance squad. I'm just worried that they won't hire me because I will only be around for winter and summer breaks. Although, my winter break is almost two months and my summer break is four months. The hours are rough, as they are from 6am to 6 pm during the day, but the pay is so worth it and I would still have weekends off. I'd also make enough money that I wouldn't have to work during the semester at college if I didn't want to.

Sooo, wish me luck! I am also planning to send out applications to Lowe's, Home Depot, and the local movie theatre. Seems like a lot of places don't want to hire people for a short time though.

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sending good vibes your way.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Good luck!

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Good luck [​IMG]

5. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Lauren ... I want you on the squad!

<fingers crossed> LOL

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hope it works out, best of luck!

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks everybody! I did find out that the squad is VERY desperate for day crew members, so I have a very good chance of getting the job. I just hope everything works out!

8. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Good luck!!!!

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Good luck!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by