1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Send hatching dust for Bluey's babies..UPDATE Pg2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hinkjc, Dec 21, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I lost my Bluey on Friday to a hawk and I miss her so much. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was very devastated about her loss and now have found hope through her "possible" eggs. I found 9 eggs in the refrigerator that I am certain came from her pen over the last week. I am setting them in hopes to recover her son/daughter. I don't even know if they're fertile as these girls just came back into lay, but I won't forgive myself if I don't try. I am setting them tonight once they come to room temp. Please send all of your hatching dust for just 1 or 2 Bluey babies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    best of luck!!! [​IMG]

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So sorry!*hugs* I have 7 of my girls eggs in the bator which she died a few weeks ago. I pulled her eggs from the fridge and I know that 4 of them are fertile and growing.
    Hopefully some of your pretty girl's eggs are fertile and hatch! Best of luck!! Please keep us updated on everything. She was a very beautifull girl.*hugs*

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, so sorry about your girl [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope you have a GREAT hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    So sorry about Bluey. What a beautiful hen.
    Sending you best wishes and prayers for a successful hatch!![​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh no.....Im so sorry about Bluey. Im so glad you have some eggs to hatch, tho.....Im sending you PLENTY of hatching dust...I have lots of it!

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks so much to all of you! I am so sad about Bluey and I can only hope that we can carry on her memory with one of her babies. I'll keep you posted on how we do. [​IMG]

8. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    So sorry on your loss. I've got hawks watching my flock too. I've run out of my house flapping my arms and screaming at them to scare them off. Has to be site.

I hope, I hope, I hope you get 2 or 3 Bluey babies.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Hoping and praying for a Christmas miracle for you! So sorry about your loss...[​IMG]

10. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    Quote:I have a friend that told me his father saved eggs in the fridge over time until spring and would then put them under hens and they would hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by