Send you're good luck vibes here please!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Zahboo, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    We are going to go look at a house tonight. We moved into the one we are currently at 3 years ago and I hate it, Mom hates it, EVERYONE hates it. It's not the best hosue in the world, is a pain to heat/cool because the insulation is little to none and justdoesn't work for us. The rental we are going to look at is closer to school, riding a bike distance, and is pretty, and has a larger yard. House size wise looks the same, but can't tell from outside. We know they allow dogs/cats. Mom forgot to ask about chickens. We really want this house so send your vibes [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Uh, you may want to mention the chickens. [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] GOOD LUCK [​IMG]

4. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    [​IMG] Good Luck [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    good luck! [​IMG]

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    We will be asking about chickens when we get there, the neigbors rent from same people and have goats, chickens and guineas, so I hope it's okay. If not, pretty much a deal breaker.

7. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    if you will pm me the city limits it is in, I can find the chicken answer. Just cause the neigbhor has it, doesn't make it legal. PM me where it is- in the alternative, you can come out our way!

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:We won't be moving out of the town we are in. I know they are legal, just not that the owner of the property would approve. It's only 5 minutes down the road from where we are.

9. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    what we do is bad i know but, i usually just read the lease, if it doesnt speficy, its ok. we have had ferrets for 6 yrs now, NO ONE will ok ferrets if you ASK, But, *IF* they ever show up, i have never had any landlord say, oh those have to go!, cuz i would fight them on it. see i consider them "caged small animals" therefore, like hamsters, you dont need permission. So by the same reasoning, chickens are Birds, my lease doesnt say no birds it only says dogs on a case by case basis. So we have chickens. landlord came by last month and was Shocked, but he didnt say get them out of here. he just looked at me funny and asked if they were for eggs, so i talked chicken with him for a while. he ended up leaveing a bit impressed and changed his mind about it being "stinky" ...

anyways, GOOD LUCK!

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by