Sending a PM and Staying In Messages?

Yikes, I might get shouted down here.... but for me that works, because I work in multiple tabs all the time. I usually go to another tab for PMing anyway. The way it is right now, I end up with the same thread in 2 tabs, one on page whatever I was on when I started the PM and one that was redirected to the original post after I sent the PM. For folks who don't use the multiple tabs, it could be a real pain, though.

Clear as mud now?
lol.png

I agree with Ranchie
big_smile.png

But, I also work in multiple tabs, usually
hide.gif

Nifty - does it bother/harm/slow down BYC if I am logged in but not actively online? Sometimes I "run" outside, but it may turn into a couple hours out there (look a bird) - and I usually do not log - out or close the browser.

So, how do most peeps want the system to redirect? Example: You're in a thread and you click the PM link under someone's name and either:

1) After you hit "send" you are redirected back to the same spot / page you were on when you clicked the PM link
or
2) After you hit "send" you are redirected to your PM inbox

#1 would be okay if it took you back to the post you had been on, instead of to the OP way back there.

#2 is my preference though.

It doesn't matter, as long as I know.

I hate that feeling that after I send a PM to someone that I posted it on the forum instead of sending a PM.

I think #2 would be best. Consistency is really nice, and people will also feel more confident in the system if they know exactly what it's going to do. But I don't use PMs that much, so my ideas don't really count.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom